2005 STI Cruise Control

Adza

G'day all, I guess I should get some advice to make sure I am on the right track in hooking up cruise control to the G4+.

Back story is, I converted my Australian MY05 STI from cable throttle to DBW with the plug and play G4+ extreme.

Researching the forums tells me to hook up cruise I would need a DI for the brake switch and an AN Volt for the cruise switches.

For the AN volt I would need to wire a 1Kohm resister to the 5V source and also wire each cruise function to different resistors and which would then go to the ECU AN volt.

I would use one of the MAF AN Volts.

The OEM setup runs a cruise control module that receives all the inputs and then directs the cruise actuator.

image.thumb.png.1ea53a4a52756ca07372671078fd0d91.png

I would like to piggy back off the cruise activate, cruise set, cruise resume and brake switch wiring at the cruise module. Would there be any issues with this?

Would the cruise accelerate and Cruise coast functions also work or will it just be set and resume? Also cruise cancel on the stalk activates set and resume at the same time and the cruise module turns cruise off, will this work in the link ECU?

image.png.b1ec9a54d1def9b107a195516b6116de.png

Any tips on what resistors to use as well?

Do these get wired to vehicle ground or ECU ground?

Am I over complicating this?

Cheers

If you have the whole car converted to DBW then you dont need the cruise module at all. You wire up the cruise switch to the ECU directly and it handles cruise control via DBW. you need brake & clutch switches fed to the ECU, and optionally some outputs for the cruise lights on the dash.

That steering wheel switch can hopefully be replaced by one out of a DBW legacy or a non-sti model which I think look the same/have the same mount points. These switches already had the resistor based contacts in them so you get the 1-5v steps depending on which button you press. At this point you just wire the "output" wire from the switch anVoltX as you describe above

You'll want to put your clutch switch into that brake DI too so pressing the clutch deactivates the cruise system too (otherwise it flips out).

Or if you want to geek out you could wire your clutch switch to a different DI, that gives you a method of doing launch and antilag and flatshifting etc

23 hours ago, TechDave said:

You'll want to put your clutch switch into that brake DI too so pressing the clutch deactivates the cruise system too (otherwise it flips out).

Or if you want to geek out you could wire your clutch switch to a different DI, that gives you a method of doing launch and antilag and flatshifting etc

I was going to put the brake and clutch switches in series, but now you have me thinking :)