Trigger issues

shrug

Have posted elsewhere but no reply and kinda stumped have tried just about everything. 

Trigger voltage is real unstable jumping from .50 sitting to between .7/8 cranking to 1.3/5 and rpm from 250/300 to 4-800 and has a trigger error every revolution. 

V5/6 wrx setup wired using stock harness and ecu plug onto that, have changed sensors and polarity tested loom, have changed trigger arming thresholds abit and still no difference. 

Anyone come across this before? 

Unfortunately it’s a g3 so doesn’t have it, I tried to post there but had no reply. 

I think I have solved the trigger issue with it being a faulty engine harness that tested fine polarity wise, I changed that and now not getting errors and solid 200ish rpm signal but the most It does is the odd backfire, used the basemap for 5/6 basemap and just changed the aux’s and ignition to direct spark since it’s actually in a b4 legacy that’s single turbo. 

Thank you for your reply :) 

All sensor gaps are factory mounting / sensors 

changing the engine harness has seemed to of solved the trigger error issue, just finishing lunch and going to pull the plugs to make sure they aren’t why it won’t do anything more than back fire. 

Okay it’s showing solid cranking rpm now, cleaned the plugs up and it still does nothing. Injectors and coils all firing fine on test mode, it doesn’t do much but the odd backfire cranking and when u stop cranking it splutters and coughs and attempts to fire abit. 

Seems like the timing or something is way off but I don’t see how using factory triggers and subaru trigger settings. 

This is a quick video that the site will allow me to upload. 

I chucked another set of plugs in it yesterday afternoon and still does the same thing. 

The cam trigger voltage doesn’t seem to be changing much but showing constant 200ish rpm cranking and no errors now, it does nothing but the odd back fire and tries to stumble on occasionally when you stop cranking like bad timing, it’s acting like ignition timing is way off backfiring out the intake and the odd boom out the exhaust. 

Kinda weird, never wired in a ecu and had so many issues trying to make it run. 

Solved, even though the factory body harness continuity tested fine and had rpm signal I run temp triggers direct from ecu to sensors and it fired right up. 

Obviously some issues in there somewhere in the loom so just going to add my own triggers. 

Firing order correct in software ?

Wiring correct for ignition and fuel ?

Tried a timing light ?

You know about the difference between JAP and Aus market version 5/6 how they have crank and cam swapped for immobilizer(like when you put a PowerFC in you have to swap crank and cam trigger wires in an Australian car), is that what you meant by swapped sensors above ?

Edit: you replied just as i was writing this, but my last comment stands, are the trigger going to the right input ?

Yeah they were around the right way, I even continuity tested it to double check and that’s why I assumed the wiring itself was okay. 

Adding in my own triggers has seemed to solve it and car is now running perfect. 

Thank you everyone for the reply’s and help.