V6 wrx with a ej25 avcs engine

The green light

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks, another question. The pin b134-8 is this supposed to be going anywhere? Currently as far as I can work out it is going to one of the pins in the plug for the idle stepper and the waste gate solenoid. 

At the moment I have most of the plugs for injectors, map, cam and crank sensors ect unplugged.

P.S grate to see the link team at wtac in the weekend ! 

OK so I have got the matching cam and crank, while trying to turn the motor over I noticed that trigger one signal and trigger two signal yes, it is not counting any trigg 1 err but I am not picking up any engine speed. Can anyone point me in the right direction please. Fyi this base tune was loaded from the v5-6 wrx file. Thanks in advance. 

So currently have no spark, if I can't get this sorted I'm tempted to put the original ej205 back in the car.

I'm very new to this so please bear with me, as I see it the ecu is not picking up any  engine speed. Currently I have no spark and the other day whilst playing around trying to start the coil pack got very very hot. Is it possible I have damaged the ECU? There is also the fact that the loom behind the dash has been hacked at quite a bit, so I was thinking maybe a rewire of the hole car with a power distribution module kinda set up just to eliminate any potential wiring problems. 

I will attach some more info/log and I am more than happy to gather more data if needed .

Log 2-11-19 12;45;59 am.llg ScreenShot 02.11.9.docx

It is a problem with the trigger, it is clocking up multiple trigger errors.  

Did you set up the triggers to match the later engine?  Have you run power to the cam sensors (i think they are hall effect in the EJ25 AVCS engine)?

Can you attach a copy of your tune (.pcl file).

On 11/2/2019 at 11:54 AM, Adamw said:

Have you run power to the cam sensors (i think they are hall effect in the EJ25 AVCS engine)?

Also, why do you have two DI's set up to cam position?  There should only be two cam sensors on this engine, the LH one should be connected to trigger 2 and the RH one should be connected to a DI.

19 minutes ago, The green light said:

I also have one cam sensor at the front on the left-hand side and the to cam position sensors at the rear on each head.

As far as I know the EJ25 AVCS engine doesnt normally have a front cam sensor, only the two rear ones.  I thought only the EJ20 AVCS has both a single front sensor and two rear sensors.

Are the rear sensors 2 wires or 3 wires?  

Just checked and made sure but yes have changed it and preformed a store, set as you recommended , you did mention something earlier about the way I had wired up the sensors ect so I will attach a picture of what I had changed if you can make any sense out of it lol 

15730341657019040581964295549182.jpg

Log 6-11-19 10;33;36 pm.llg

It is still not happy with the trigger.  Can you attach a copy of you map again.

I think you are going to have to get someone to get a scope capture of the trigger 1 (crank) and trigger 2 (front cam sensor) so we can see why the ECU is not happy about the signal it is getting from them.

Ok so I have done a little research on this trigger topic but please correct me if I am wrong.  My crank and cam sensors are analog so the cam sensors that are wired to DI 1 and DI 2 should actually be to a analog channel? And also home come in the Subaru wrx &sti V5-6 installation manual, in the pinouts section there isint a pin labeled for  the crank sensor? I have tested with my multimeter and the crank sensor is connecting with pin B136-23   and       B 136-5  but how do I know the ecu is receiving  from those pins? 

I should probably also point out I have used the complete original ej205 loom and I have run extra wires for ait,2x extra cam sensors, cam solenoids and I have also wired in a inovative wide band.

Thanks.  Ricky

The additional CAM sensors have to go to Di inputs we just look for a fixed voltage and trigger when this is reached. 

On a G4+ you would do a trigger scope to capture the waveform but you don't have that option on the G4 so would have to use an external scope. In the run times (trigger limits tab) you can see if there is a signal but not if it is correct.