Monsoon 1st start CA18DET

Datbeast

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can have a quick look at my log and see if there is anything glaringly obvious that I have missed?

Car is a datsun 1600 with a ca18det , was previously a nistune setup and was all mechanically fine and running before the Link was installed.

On trying to start I get a few pops and crackles in the exhaust but nothing more, i have confirmed all the injectors and coils are correct as per the testing process, timing is setup also and I'm pretty sure the triggers are setup properly.

I'm new to the standalone thing so apologies in advance.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

ca18det.llg ca18det.pclr

52 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Your trigger offset looks suspicious to me.  Have you checked it with a timing light?  If the timing looks ok with a timing light then you could just be 360 deg out - firing on the exhaust stroke.  Try adding 360 to your offset.

I checked everything with a timing light and its all good. Just tried again after adding 360 with no result.

I'm starting to think its wiring  because I often get a backfire of sorts when I key off..

What coils/ignitor are you using?

The trigger offset still seems odd.  I dont have a CA18 map to reference but on nearly all other nissan that use 360 opto the trigger offset is somewhere around -90 to -100.  You havent changed a cam belt or anything since it was last running?

Your fuel table is a pretty poor starting point for modelled mode. Try copying the table out of the monsoon base map & starting from there. I'd expect you to be pretty close to starting it even as it is, but its not going to run well at all.

Have you verified that your fuel pump turns on + off correctly if you change aux6 from "fuel pump" to "test On" for a few seconds?

I dont see any idle control valve hooked up so you may need to hold the gas pedal 5-10% open to start it cold.

Are you running e85 or petrol? 

Your log shows 5ms of inj PW during cranking, so assuming you have fuel in the rail under pressure I would still expect to see strong signs of life.  So I dont think you have a fuel problem - at least as far as ECU config goes.

If you get backfires it suggests the spark is occurring at the wrong time as has already been discussed.