Cruise Control not enabling

duncan351

I have configured everything I have read in the help section to enable cruise control however it won't. Shows Active status and when I push set button the Set on the ECU displays active while pressing the button. I'm drive by wire, brake and clutch switches are inactive, Driven wheel speed is configured properly and displaying. Can you please take a look at my logs and tell me what on earth I could be doing wrong or missing.

Thanks,

Duron

cruise test3.llg

How does your cruise on switch work?  In most cars this is a momentary switch that your push once to turn on and push again to turn off, it doesnt look like that is what is happening in your log.

In the old firmware that you are using it could only be a momentary switch.  If yours is not a momentary switch then update to the latest firmware which will allow you to set whether it is a momentary or toggle/latch type switch.

I have an on switch and a separate off switch which I thought were momentary switches. As you can see from the log when I press the off button the "Cruise On" parameter turns off then I push the On button again and it displays on. So I need to update firmware?

going to Link website to check for update I currently have the latest I believe according to the Link download website
V5.6.7.3632. Did I overlook something?

Firmware is the code that is inside the ECU.  What you are looking at on the Link website is the PC Link software.  

Your log shows your firmware is V5.6.4 which is about 3 years old.

If you update it to the latest then go to the cruise control menu you will find a new setting called "cruise on switch", set this to toggle.

How to update:  https://youtu.be/u54915wuLYc