3SGTE Trigger Errors

senordos

Hi,

I've set up the crank and cam mag sensors on my Link and tried to crank the engine.

On the run time menu I see signals lighting up "OK" for Trigger 1 and Trigger 2, but I also see a steady rise in Trigger 1 errors.

I've done some digging around on the net and I believe I have the right settings - although perhaps not!

image.png.8b6cba0371ac2219d2f342f743f308c3.png

Now, looking at the trigger scope... this isn't what I expected to see, but here it is:

image.thumb.png.e320bc7becfaab748e34eb10708a20a8.png

Thanks for any help.

Christian

Multitooth position should be set to cam since the distributor turns at cam speed.  Note the correct settings are in either of the ST205/185 base maps and the help file.

Your triggerscope shows no signal, most likely you done something wrong there.

gcgR6jj.png

Thanks Adam. I've switched to the Link base map and switched over a few of the sensors which I've wired differently - and disabled the rest.

I now get a nice RPM when cranking (225 ish) so that's working now.... however I still get the same results on the scope... when you say I'm doing something wrong, do you mean in the configuration of the scope? Any tips?

Thanks!

Adam, I'm now hitting another problem - all I've done is turn off the inputs, but now when I crank the engine the ECU disconnects from the laptop... do you know what would cause this?

Even if I load the Link Base Map back in, it does the same.

EDIT - Ignore this - I've just noticed a warning saying the system voltage is down to 7v! I suppose the car battery is going flat. I'll charge and try again. Amateurisk mistake!