Link Aux Voltage to Boost

senordos

Hi again,

On my old Motec, I could use a volt input (0-5) to the boost solenoid. Something like:

0v   ->     3.5v   ->   5v   Aux
-100% ->  -50%    ->  -0% Boost

I'm reasonably sure this can be done with all of the options and tables, but I've searched the whole Internet and played around with the settings and I can't see how to link the two.

I see that they have tables already like this linking ECT to boost pressure, but can't work out how to make my own custom compensation tables.

Please can someone point me in the right direction...or just let me know how to do it!

Cheers!

There are many ways to do this.  For instance you can have 3 seperate boost tables, and use the volt input to switch between the different boost tables.

Another option is to have two boost tables set to interpolate mode, then you can control how much of each table is used based on your volt input.

Or another option which is probably more like what you are used too is to put the volt input on one axis of the wastegate or boost aim table.

If you are using a "boost knob" then it usually makes more sense to set it up with a calibration table to convert the voltage into "knob position" then you can have say position 1-6 on the boost table axis rather than 0-5V which often doesnt make much sense to the driver.

Here is an example with a six position "boost switch"

d2MZZQN.png