Traction control questions

Markus

I have a question regarding traction control on a G4 Fury.

Is there any benefit running 4 wheel speed inputs compared to just 2 ( one front one rear ) ?

I am still in the process of wiring and i am running out of digitial inputs (and i don't want to scrifice the can2 for additional digital inputs ) , hence my question .

The car in question is a Rx7 Series 6 .

With 4 wheel speeds you can use some of the more advanced "speed sources" such as min, max or average rear speed etc, this can be beneficial for instance to stop TC being too active with cars with open diffs that lift the inside wheel on some corners etc.  I havent personally used it with a single rear wheel speed but I have used it with a single gearbox speed sensor and a single front wheel and it still worked pretty good.

If you can get wheel speed sensors on each wheel then it is well worth while just to get an average wheel speed.

4wd - use 4 speed sensors

FWD - Use 2 front and 1 rear min

RWD - Use gearbox output and one front if you are not likely to lift a wheel, 2 if you are.

Thank you for the input . I think i will stay with 4 wheel inputs then and sacrifice my 2nd can bus

DI1 Traction control Button

DI2 Ethanol Sensor

DI3 AC request button

DI4 L/F wheel speed

DI5 R/F wheel speed

DI6 L/R wheel speed

DI7 R/R wheel speed

DI8 Clutch switch

DI9 Start pos

DI10 Power Steering

I read a couple of threads where people use a rotary switch with different resistances to switch between different traction profiles via AN Volt input ( exactly what i am planning to do ) but it seems the traction control on/off has to be assigned directly to a DI via a virtual aux correct ?  Is there a specific reason that i require a DI for the traction control on off switch and can't use a AN input  with a rotary switch and some resistors directly  ?