link thunder audi CAN need some help

replica-rs4

HI,

i have installed link thunder into 2007 audi s4 b7 8e with 2.7tt swapped in to it. I have it all almost working for exception of abs/esp lights still on. Link thunder show canbus stuff error .

On ABS8.0 module side im showing powertrain implausible signal. So we do have communication between link thunder and ABS module. All my gauges work, link thunder sees abs sensor data. My abs module also sees data from link thunder. Went thru all vcds measuring blocks for abs and i dont have data stream for engine torque  it always shows 0. Measuring block 014       field 1 has error2       field 2   error14. Every other parameter identical to car running factory ecu.

I got no problems getting a canbus sniffer tool, i just cannot sniff out factory engine ecu because i dont have factory harness or ecu at this point. 

So how likely is my abs/esp fault due to no engine torque data and what can i do about it?

thank you

Serge

Abs module torque value is specified in nm. How will it work if i send it as injector duty %? Also can stuff error is not a wiring issue, it is related to my implausible message in fault in abs. 

If i clear can errors while car running stuff error is not present. Suff error comes back after i cycle ignition on off or if i try to delete implausible message on abs controller. 

Thank you  

Are you using the Audi TT CAN stream mode?  Engine torque is already sent in all of the VAG CAN streams (as Clint says it wont be real torque, it will be a approximation based on something like inj DC).  In the TT stream I believe it is not representing Nm, it is just a arbitrary 8bit number 0-255, where 0 = no torque, 255 = full torque.  Did you try the Golf GTI and Golf Mk5 streams? 

Are you using the latest firmware?  I know there were some messages added to the TT stream to suppoort the ABS in later model cars in FW5.6.5

Hi, Adam.

Yes , im using audi tt can. Only visible change with mkv can protocol is error codes are displayed thru epc light on mkv protocol. No changes to stuff error between audi tt and mkv. 

vw gti protocol has a lot more can errors on thunder side. Could torque value be missing because of fuel map set up?

I have also tried to recode abs module to different models . Same thing I see all parameters in abs except torque. Upon start of a car abs light goes, but esp light stays on .  Few seconds later  all warning abs brake  lights turn on. 

18 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Are you using the Audi TT CAN stream mode?  Engine torque is already sent in all of the VAG CAN streams (as Clint says it wont be real torque, it will be a approximation based on something like inj DC).  In the TT stream I believe it is not representing Nm, it is just a arbitrary 8bit number 0-255, where 0 = no torque, 255 = full torque.  Did you try the Golf GTI and Golf Mk5 streams? 

Are you using the latest firmware?  I know there were some messages added to the TT stream to suppoort the ABS in later model cars in FW5.6.5

yes all latest firmware .

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

I will have to do a bench test later, but I dont think so.

Where in pclink could I see torque output? How could I test stream from thunder for torque signal? 

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, so i have been playing around some settings and doing more research.Everything points to this should be working in my car. I know of a bex code engine audi a4 that is successfully running a tt plug in ecu. Only thing different on my car is ABS 8.0 vs ABS 5.7 because mine is newer . BEX , AVJ, BFB engines are offered thru the years working with both ABS 5.7 and ABS 8.0 , so im thinking that my issues are maybe somewhere in the set up of my thunder ecu since its a wire in and i have inputs/outputs  assigned to different pins i cant use base tt set up file.

Where could i find more info on what is being sent over audi tt stream from thunder? I dont need Can ID , just a list of things being sent.

Audi tt plugin has few items wired in and not set up in pclink vs my ecu set up.

1. Signal from MAF going to an volt

2. Crash signal to digital input

3. How to set up vss for link from rear abs signal?

4. Is it normal to get error 73 aux9/10 during APS set up? I can erase it after set up is done, but it always comes back during set up.

My ABS fault is not communication but rather a signal that is being sent wrong value. Two signal at the moment are of concern . Torque value not shown and different throttle valve angle value between thunder ecu and ABS module. I see 4% on link and 0% on abs side, however i do see change on both sides when accelerator is pressed on.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

It is not assigned in any of my basemaps.  But in any case it not used for anything in the Link base map.    It can in fact be used for MAF if the user really wants to, but there is no calibration curve for it in the software and the Link base map is set up to use MAP instead so it would be a big job.  In many cases the user will remove the MAF and use the input for something else like fuel pressure or whatever.  

• 1 month later...

Hi Serge, 

Did you make any progress with this? 

I've run into a similar issue on my B7 BFB 1.8T running a ttlink where it appears the ABS module isn't communicating with the the link ecu. I've got my ABS light on, ESP light on and brake light flashing. I've tried all tech support advise with no solution, I've just purchased a can sniffer albeit I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm determined to fix this. I know of another guy in Europe with the same platform/engine and has the same issue as myself. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...