switchable boost tables

turbodailydan

evening guys

trying to setup switchable boost tables.

so far I have wired in a 3 pin toggle switch (on/off/on) and my plan is to have low boost/off/high boost.

ive wired into di5 and di6, and switched to ecu sensor ground. I have setup the di5 and di6 to gp input and have tested it is switching correctly via the runtime values dropdown. 

I have gone into boost control and multiple boost tables and set active tables to 2, and table 2 activation to di6.

im trying to get this setup so all the mapper has to do is setup the tables. 

how can I confirm that this is doing what I want it to? I can see the active boost table is 1 in the runtime values but its not switching to table 2 when I move the switch?

my plan was to have di5 low boost, off position no active table so it just runs wastegate pressure, and di6 high boost. does that mean I need to set it to 3 tables? or will the ecu run no boost table (wastegate pressure) if there is no di5/6 detected ie switched off?

cheers dan 

If you want 3 different boost levels you will either have to set it to 3 tables (have one table with all zeros in it), or if you want to do it with two tables you would have set up your switch so that it physically turns the power off to the boost solenoid - but that would mean significant wiring complexity.

With your current set up though you should however see table 2 become active when DI6 is active.  Were you connected to a live ECU?  Do you have an aux output assigned to boost solenoid?

The car in question is an r32 gtr using the vipec plugin. I am running a 3 port Mac solenoid which I have wired to 12v and to pin 25 i think it was, (the factory wastegate solenoid).

i don’t see table 2 active when I switch to di6, even though I can see di6 is actively switching  in the runtime values. 

Also I did get a warning at the top of screen when changing the table 2 to closed loop, it said that I needed to free up some tables, although when I look at the tables it does have boost table 1 and boost table 2 in there. Perhaps I need to free up a table? 

Il post the map in a second so you can see 

5 hours ago, turbodailydan said:

Also I did get a warning at the top of screen when changing the table 2 to closed loop, it said that I needed to free up some tables, although when I look at the tables it does have boost table 1 and boost table 2 in there. Perhaps I need to free up a table? 

If you are doing closed loop you will need two extra spare tables(4 in total), 1 for the wastegate DC and 1 for the boost target.

Ok thanks mate I guess that’s the reason it’s not doing what I want then. Il have to leave it to the mapper to decide whether all the functions that are currently using up all the tables are necessary. Having cylinder 5 & 6 ign trim is taking up 2 and I’m not sure if that’s completely necessary along with a fuel trim 

The car in question is an r32 gtr using the vipec plugin. I am running a 3 port Mac solenoid which I have wired to 12v and to pin 25 i think it was, (the factory wastegate solenoid).

i don’t see table 2 active when I switch to di6, even though I can see di6 is actively switching  in the runtime values.