Link Atom ll for boosted application

Sheikh ikhwan

Greetings link's community, is there any way for link atom ll to control boost mainly external wastegate application like the MAC boost controller? running 4g15 stroker 1.6 single cam. The dilemma is do i have to change to better ecu's for boosting? i hope someone can share their piece of motorsport experience. cheers!

Yes, the Atom has a similar boost control strategy to all the other ecus. It has 4 aux outputs any one of which can be used to drive a boost control valve.  The only limitation is the number of outputs, you may max out with fuel pump, tacho, boost control and idle valve.  We normally use the monsoon for 4 cylinder boost applications, just because you have more expansion capability, but the Atom will work fine. 

HTH, 

Richard. 

15 hours ago, Sheikh ikhwan said:

Greetings link's community, is there any way for link atom ll to control boost mainly external wastegate application like the MAC boost controller? running 4g15 stroker 1.6 single cam. The dilemma is do i have to change to better ecu's for boosting? i hope someone can share their piece of motorsport experience. cheers!

you can use it, we have used even on high power 6 cylinder road racing engines (+600hp engines). You just can log everything even if you have the sensor but is a good "cheap" option, and can log a lot of data.