20v 4age wiring and setup

dubnub

Hello all!

I am about to embark on the journey of setting up a G4+ Atom II to run on my AE111 4age blacktop. As far as I can work out, wiring for the four aux ports should be as follows:

AUX 1 & 2 -> idle air control

AUX 3 -> VVT

AUX 4 -> fuel pump relay

I am planning on running an electric fan so I would either need to possibly ditch one of the AUX ports or run an external fan controller. I plan on running COP also so I can't use any of the Ignition outputs as AUX. Should I continue trying to set up the Atom or switch to a platform with more flexibility like the Monsoon?

I was wondering if anyone here has experience setting up this engine to run on an ECU like this and if so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I thought the 20v just had a 2 wire idle valve? (Some Toyota’s have a 3 pin plug but only two wires connected).   If not there are still a couple of options:

1. You could wire the coils in pairs and fire them wasted spark.  

2.  There is a simple circuit you can add to drive a 3 pin idle valve from a single aux.

From my research the AE111 uses a three plug, two coil solenoid with "master" and "slave" signals to drive each coil (+12,mas,slv). However, later Toyota IACVs use a three plug solenoid with only one signal (+12,sig,Gnd). Maybe I could adapt one of these newer solenoids? Or wire up a circuit to drive it with one signal as you suggested?