Flat lines in log file

MagicMike

Hi all,

I have 2 questions. Context.

I started my Z32 again last night after a few more modifications. Only let it idle up to temp to check leaks etc, and I heard a few changes in idle so I took a quick log file to have a look at.

Reviewing the file a bit closer, and I see some rpm seemingly random flat spots on some parameters. RPM ROC will highlight them. Any ideas on what would cause this?

2ndly, it'd be great to get some ideas on what is causing the idle rpm change. Idle ignition comes in to play, but I can't pick what causes the rpm change in the first place to bring idle ignition in to it.

tune

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApBSN3rrOxrRoxS6V-tH-t-abEgj

log

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApBSN3rrOxrRoxWTZQZJkGJtWnIU

Thanks muchly!

2 hours ago, MagicMike said:

Reviewing the file a bit closer, and I see some rpm seemingly random flat spots on some parameters.

I only see one around time 1:04, is this what you are talking about?  This would typically indicate an interruption of USB comms.  So it just draws a straight line between the points where is lost comms and when it started again.  The reason for that will be harder to diagnose.  What sort of connection speed do you normally see at the top right of your screen?

2 hours ago, MagicMike said:

but I can't pick what causes the rpm change in the first place to bring idle ignition in to it.

I only had a quick look, but my feeling is just before that point the MAP drops from around 39/40 to 34KPa, this reduces the injector PW from 0.44 to 0.37, but the lambda actually goes richer.  I suspect maybe your injectors are just hitting the point where they are becoming erratic - some are behaving differently than others.  Try setting your min effective pulse width limit to something like 0.42 and see if you can reproduce it.