Lambda/AFR problems

Usav8or

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my Lambda #1 was not giving any sensor information and the temperature is indicating a constant 32 degrees. Now the #2 Lambda is indicating an AFR around 45-50 at idle. Nothing has been changed in the last couple weeks except for an ECU update. Even then the lambda #2 worked fine. It wasn't until today the it started acting up. Any ideas?

Everything is current and up to date. From looking at the logs the problem started yesterday morning in the middle of an idle run. The only thing I can think of is something with the internal lambda controller was changed when I was configuring the CAN settings for the AIM MXS Strada I purchased.

Didnt you have a log attached earlier?  There is no way firmware or PC link could cause what you are seeing.  It looks like sensor 1 has failed.  Sensor 2 is giving funny results but all the dianostics look ok and it seems to be showing some response to AFR.  So on bank two I would be leaning more towards an air leak or a cylinder misfiring on bank 2?

A quick test will be to swap sensors side to side and see what clues that gives.  

Thanks, I have a replacement O2 sensor for bank #1 arriving today. I'll see what I get with that and will check for an air leak while its up. Everything appears to be running fine though.

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o12jrkwzkio9o99/AFR gone wild.llg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5g18oguau7ov7dt/AFR gone wild.csv?dl=0

So, I've swapped the 2 sensors and the problems follow. #2 goes dead and #1 now indicates an AFR ranging between 45-120. I'm not finding any air leaks either.

The new O2 sensor on bank 1 seems to have fixed that problem. Now the one on bank 2 has completely failed and is only heating to 65 degrees. I have 2 more sensors on the way so I'll have a spare.

Thanks for the help

Edited by Usav8or
additional information