HELP!! need my base map log file checked.

fartymarty

Hi Tech support, sorry to be a bother i'm a novice in the art of tuning,

I bought this car recently previous owners states the car only needs final tune.

Anyways the car cranks no start, I must put my foot on the gas pedal to get it going, while doing so engine shakes struggles to idle, then when my foot is of the gas its shut off.

Any help info would be greatly appreciated thanks.

see attached for log file and basemap.

Kind Regards Martin

Cars mods:

Engine 4g63t

-1000cc injectors

-450 wahlbro fuel pump

-Tdo6 25g kinagawa turbo

-Autobahn manifold

-Brian crower stainless valve retainers

-Brian crower stainless valves

-Custom grind cams p1 racing gears

-New timing belt and pulleys and balance shaft

-G4 link extreme ecu unit

-3inch exhaust

gsr cc 4g63t BASE MAP.pclr gsr cc log file.llg

2x biggest things are

1) your coolant temp sensor thinks its -25C. Your intake temp sensor says ~+25C. I'm guessing your ECT is calibrated wrong, and this will make the fuelling very far off target - probably creating the poor idle you talk about

2) your log doesnt show any RPM signal. What was happening at the time you recorded the log? you need to start logging, then crank + start the car, fight with it, let it idle, etc, let it stall, then stop logging, then save the log. This will be much more use to us to help you.

4 hours ago, fartymarty said:

I bought this car recently previous owners states the car only needs final tune.

Not quite sure what that means, but this doesnt look like it has been tuned at all.  It is basically the Link Evo 1-3 base map but with the fuel table all messed up.  

It might be better to load the Link base map back in and get it to a tuner.  I certainly wouldnt drive it hard like this.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 2:08 PM, cj said:

2x biggest things are

1) your coolant temp sensor thinks its -25C. Your intake temp sensor says ~+25C. I'm guessing your ECT is calibrated wrong, and this will make the fuelling very far off target - probably creating the poor idle you talk about

2) your log doesn't show any RPM signal. What was happening at the time you recorded the log? you need to start logging, then crank + start the car, fight with it, let it idle, etc, let it stall, then stop logging, then save the log. This will be much more use to us to help you.

hi sorry for the late response please see the uploaded of my new loggings, looking forward to your response thanks 

gsr cc log file 2019.llg

On 11/25/2019 at 5:33 PM, Adamw said:

Not quite sure what that means, but this doesnt look like it has been tuned at all.  It is basically the Link Evo 1-3 base map but with the fuel table all messed up.  

It might be better to load the Link base map back in and get it to a tuner.  I certainly wouldnt drive it hard like this.  

ok thanks

your coolant temp sensor is still miscalibrated - unless its actually -28C where you live. It is hooked up as I can see it increases by 10-20C over the couple minutes of logging, which is normal, but its miscalibrated. What sensor are you using? This is making you add at least 75% more fuel than you are expecting. 

Your TPS is also miscalibrated - it shows the same value for fully open & fully closed. This cant be the case. Run the TPS caliration process under ecu controls menu. Various tables in your tune use TPS% as an input. if this is badly wrong, it will mess things up all over the show.

idle ignition control is enabled but both the engagement thresholds and the values in the table are way off anything normal. Turn this off for now as the current settings will be doing more harm than good.

your idle control is set to closed loop, but i'm guessing from everything else in this tune that the open loop settings were never tuned first. Change this back to open loop for now. Its hard to tell how far off your idle values really are or if the stepper motor is even working because the temp sensor + TPS issue mean idle control never even kicks in.

Once you have fixed those 2 up, please post the PCLR file and another log just like this one. The tune you have is really just an out of the box defaults kind of thing. Its going to take quite a bit of work to get it going well so you're going to need to find a local tuner at some point soon. We can probably help you get it to start & idle ok but to get any real power out of it you are going to need someone to tune it in person.