Link Monsoon

Fotis

Hi everyone, just wired in a link monsoon to a Toyota Yaris 1.3 2NZ-Fe engine. The engine has toyota cup camshafts which they delete the variable system (VVti) and the cam sensor.

I have wired the Injectors sequentially and the ignition coils too. 

The problem is when i crank the engine no spark fires. If i do an ignition test the spark occurs. So i am thinking that the problem here is related to the crank sensor?

Crank sensor is 36-2 teeth. Should i wire the sparks to wasted spark? 

I am getting Trigger Signal with no errors with 2Nz trigger mode- with multitooth/missing i am getting 1 error each time i crank. 

If you have no cam sensor you will need to use multitooth/missing trigger mode.  Trigger 2 sync mode needs to be set to none.  Coils will have to be wired in wasted spark pairs.  Injection mode will need to be set to multipoint group and ignition mode set to wasted spark.

Thanks Adam, can you give me more info on why i should change to wasted spark and multipoint group? 

Also do i need to change the wiring on my injectors i have them as sequencial? i will set multipoint group and Active drivers to IN1-4?

I forgot to mention when i tried the multitooth/missing i forgot to change the trig priority to trig 1 and i left it as trig 2. Trig 2 was set to none.  

The crankshaft turns twice per 4 stroke engine cycle.  So the missing teeth on the crankshaft wheel can only tell the ECU where TDC is, it cant tell the ecu whether it is TDC for cyl 1 or TDC cyl 4.  Only a cam sensor can do that.

So if the ECU doesn't know if it is TDC 1 or TDC 4 then it cant fire the correct coil or the correct injector in seq/direct modes. 

Injectors don't need to be re-wired - just change the setting to multipoint group.  Coils will need to be rewired to the correct drives and ignition mode set to wasted spark.

If you want sequential or direct spark you need a cam sensor.