3rd cam pulse

remski2

How come you have got DI 1 set to LH inlet and Trigger 2 set to LH inlet?  Normally on these the LH inlet sensor would be connected to trigger 2.  Is there anything connected to DI1?

Can you do a cam angle test on RH inlet and report the 3 cam angle numbers (test pulse count 3).

Hi.

I've removed DI1 but the issue still persists.

I tried with custom PID and with Default. Same result .. RH Err Count keeps growing.. It seems to be adding a count on the end of the cylcle. 

I tried changing the cam offset from 283-290.. 

I tried chaning the solenoid frequency 200-250-300Hz..

What I did notice is that the LH solenoid output is stable but RH seems to oscilate, also the % duty differs. 

Most of the log file contains the logged changes in progress.

Starting with 15:02 file time was when no changes were performed. 

Attaching both the map and log file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbxjlj0irf6y0n5/2019.12.15.zip?dl=0

Thanks

Remi

Ok, that cam angle test caught what is going on well.  It is pretty odd and hard to guess what the problem is but I would first suspect the sensor.  How hard is it to swap it with the LH sensor as a test?

Your cam has three teeth on it 180 deg apart so during a cam angle test we would expect to have 3 angles reported back that are close to 180deg apart and reasonably stable.  Notice your 3rd tooth is changing between about 533 and 645.  Your first tooth is stable at about 286 so the ecu expects to see the 2nd tooth at 466 (286 +180) so that looks good so far, then it expects to see the 3rd tooth at 646 - which you have sometimes but then other times your 3rd tooth is at 533? which will certainly freak out the ECU.  We should basically see three straight lines on the cam angle time plot, not the staircase effect. 

The most likely explanation I could come up with is the sensor is failing but it is weird that it only effects the 3rd tooth and the other 2 are stable.  I guess there could be some other mechanical explanations such as such as the third tooth is damaged or has a bigger air gap or there is some extreme cam end float or some other weird scenario but I think these are much less likely and I would try to rule out the sensor first.

DsBhl3T.png

• 1 month later...