RB26 PRP 12-1 Trigger Settings?

etang789

I am installing the PRP 12-1 Trigger Kit on my friends GTR R32 at the moment. Would like to know what are the settings in the Link ?

And in the installation instruction mentions there may be advantage to grind off one tooth of the 12 tooth disc? https://www.platinumracingproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/TRIGGER-INSTRUCTIONS-REV2-H.pdf

Removing a tooth can give a couple of small advantages - the main one being the position of the tooth on the cam is then much less critical so you can move cam timing etc in the future without having to check your cam edge is not going to cross over a crank edge.  Another is with a missing tooth crank trigger the engine will keep running if the cam sensor ever fails or becomes disconnected during a race.   

I dont think the "balance consideration" they mention is significant since the diameter and mass of the tooth is so small.

Settings if you remove a tooth (12-1):

LaVHQSc.png

Settings for the unmodified full 12T:

FG1tIbc.png

• 1 month later...

Hi, Thanks for sharing this info for setting up the trigger.

I have just setup the same PRP crank and cam trigger kit in a GTR R32 also.  The motor is running Direct fire igniton and Sequential fuel injection. I would like to check  the Ignition Main setup and R35 cvoil spark duration.

1. Spark edge should be 'falling' but I wanted to check and confirm.

2. I am also using R35 cop's with this. Do you know if the spark duration for this coils?

Thanks in advance. 

zoWsP6uqRg7OFvXeEl4D5iTnVHWtdYrDH079cOCepU8kfAuNjM0otSDhVEJlSdv_Dm0x8HVPZ09y_2c9vJ3ofphJ_nzQoj1x9Aix2MAbYKdlt36DIud72G0LXFxDgVybnJI3z212

2 hours ago, Edmund T said:

1. Spark edge should be 'falling' but I wanted to check and confirm.

Correct.

2 hours ago, Edmund T said:

2. I am also using R35 cop's with this. Do you know if the spark duration for this coils?

This setting is not usually relevent with direct spark.  It only really comes into play when you have something like a V8 with a distributor and single coil that needs to dwell and spark 4 times every crank rev - in this scenario at high RPM you have very little time to do it - so if the ecu knows how long the spark duration is it can then shorten the dwell when there is not enough time to do both.  In your case with direct spark your coils only need to dwell/spark once every 2 crank revs so you have plenty of time and are never going to get into the situation where there is not enough time to do both.  Leave it set to 1.0ms is fine.