G4+ Extreme and Hellcat hemi 6.2

warmup

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with Dodge Hemi 6.2 Hellcat engine?

I'm trying to start this motor with an G4+ Extreme but I'm not sure which trigger type or offset should I use. 

For now I'm using Dodge 60-2 trigger. and found the offset is -30 deg by timing light, I can get pop and bang while cranking but the engine never start.

Can anyone shed me some light? or a base map would be appreciated.

HellCat_6.2_Trigger_Scope-2.PNG

Yes, I would expect this engine to use the newly added "Dodge 60-2" triggermode.

The signal from your crank sensor in the triggerscope above is not correct, we should see more defined/wider square pulses, not just spikes like you see here.  Try it with the trigger 1 pull-up turned off and on to see if whether that influences the signal but I would lean towards this being a wiring problem, either the sensor pinout is wrong or it is supplied with the wrong voltage or maybe it is not a hall sensor at all?

Sadly I can not get any progress after several trials.

I triple checked wiring, swapped on another new CKP sensor and turned off/on internal pull-up resistor, no square wave.

Then I pulled Dodge's CKP sensor out, and did a bench test with an 36-2 trigger wheel(from Subaru), still no square wave, only spikes, as same as the sensor was on Hemi Engine.

I started wondering from then.

Finally I randomly picked a Honda K24 CKP sensor from junkyard and repeated the bench test, this time I got square wave.

Then I swap K24 CKP sensor back to Dodge's without changing any other hardware or software, well, no luck.

For now I have to suspect that the current latest firmware can not read CKP signal correctly from this Dodge's sensor?

Dodge_CKP_Sensor.jpg

1 hour ago, warmup said:

For now I have to suspect that the current latest firmware can not read CKP signal correctly from this Dodge's sensor?

The triggerscope shows the raw signal that is coming from the sensor, it gets the signal before it is conditioned by any of the trigger electronics and before it is passed on to the microprocessor so firmware can have no effect.  Basically the triggerscope shows the voltage coming out of the sensor just like connecting a standalone  oscilloscope.

Here is a pinout I found online, is this how yours is wired?

N7w7jXG.png

There is a chance it is not even a hall effect sensor and may be some odd current based sensor.  

Another test you could do that may help work out where the problem lay is remove the sensor from the engine, leave it plugged in to the loom so it is powered by the ecu still, then poke a needle through the wire seal into the signal pin (called back probing), clip one multimeter lead on to the needle and the other lead onto ground, set the multimeter to Volts and if all is working as expected you should see the sensor output voltage change between 0V and 5V when you place a metal object in front of the sensor.  Video showing a similar test:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DirjbUJKXE