Link G4+ AC problem

johnvtec

I have been in a problem from the day i switch from PowerFC to LinkG4+ with my AC on my honda civic b16, it didn't worked on fan speed 2-3-4 only at 1 low speed fan , i have switch back to PowerFC  even on my stock ecu and it was working fine just to check if the problem was on my car or the ecu and as it showed was the LinkG4+ that was making this kind of issue now anyone had and found any solution how to make it work on higher speed the AC ?

I find this odd.  I have done several plug in ecus on the hondas and other makes.  I havent seen any instance of the link ecu interacting with the AC fan speed.  Only thing i can think of is that the actual ac controls are faulty.

I may be wrong, but there is usually a resistor pack on the blower motor that handles this.

Haven't seen this on Honda but on other applications. What can happen is as the fan speed changes  the signal at the ECU increases in voltage so the AC request turns off due to the signal getting above 1.5V.

This can be due to the switch contacts not being 100% and introducing a resistance.