Weird firing order

OSF2004

Dear Sir

LAtely i have problem hooking my G4+ civic 92 to COP
everytime i try to start cranking the engine.. always back fire
Sounds like wrong firing order.
Than i tried to find it the firing order.
and the result is
A10 for cylinder no 2
A14 for cylinder no 4
A18 for cylinder no 1
A21 for cylinder no 3

the engine start normal, idle normal, the power Good..
Is it ok if leave it just like this?
I'm affraid for the long run there will be a problem..
Please advice

Best Regards
William K OSF

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-19 at 17.50.25.jpeg

11 hours ago, OSF2004 said:

owww.. that's right.. i thought that is no firing order setup.
I just find out,  there is in the configuration set up..
Thank U so much.
Since the engine already working just fine.. is it ok if i just leave it like this?

Having it wired incorrectly will cause confusion when trying to configure knock control.

11 hours ago, Ducie54 said:

Having it wired incorrectly will cause confusion when trying to configure knock control.

I can totally understand your point here, but I wouldnt call it "wired incorrectly" as there are a number of different ecu manufacturers that actually recommend that you wire the ignition/injection out puts in the firing order.  Say with a 1-3-4-2 4 cylinder, out put 1 to 1, output 2 to 3 and so on.

As long as the installer and calibrator know whats going on it will work, it may just create confusion for others down the line.

5 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

I can totally understand your point here, but I wouldnt call it "wired incorrectly" as there are a number of different ecu manufacturers that actually recommend that you wire the ignition/injection out puts in the firing order.  Say with a 1-3-4-2 4 cylinder, out put 1 to 1, output 2 to 3 and so on.

As long as the installer and calibrator know whats going on it will work, it may just create confusion for others down the line.

If a LINK ECU is not wired in as per the LINK help file/recommendation it is wired incorrectly. If another brand requires the injector outputs wired differently they you must follow that or again it has been wired incorrectly. 

i take it you are not one to think outside the box?  Because i can guarantee you that you can make it work either which way you wire it.  Will it be the most convenient? Not always the case.  But you can make it work.

Just to add, I prefer the outputs wired to their respective cylinders and configured in the software to what it needs to be. I.E. 1 to 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3 etc.  But just because its inconvenient, doesnt make it wrong.

3 hours ago, Ducie54 said:

If a LINK ECU is not wired in as per the LINK help file/recommendation it is wired incorrectly. If another brand requires the injector outputs wired differently they you must follow that or again it has been wired incorrectly. 

I've quoted it again, please read it slowly this time.

Although it will run ok with the incorrect wiring, there are two significant negatives in my view:

1. Because you have had to set the wrong firing order in the software but the injectors are wired "correctly" from the factory, it means your injectors are now firing in a different firing order to your coils so you have lost any performance advantage of sequential injection.
  2. It leaves the potential for someone to make a mistake in the future, especially if you want to do individual cylinder trims, knock control and also scenarios like testing injectors/coils when diagnosing problems is going to be difficult to interpret. 

It should take less than 10 minutes to swap the 3 pins at the ECU connector so I would strongly suggest you save yourself a potential f*ckup and correct the wiring.  

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Although it will run ok with the incorrect wiring, there are two significant negatives in my view:

1. Because you have had to set the wrong firing order in the software but the injectors are wired "correctly" from the factory, it means your injectors are now firing in a different firing order to your coils so you have lost any performance advantage of sequential injection.
  2. It leaves the potential for someone to make a mistake in the future, especially if you want to do individual cylinder trims, knock control and also scenarios like testing injectors/coils when diagnosing problems is going to be difficult to interpret. 

It should take less than 10 minutes to swap the 3 pins at the ECU connector so I would strongly suggest you save yourself a potential f*ckup and correct the wiring. 

Thank U somuch for the input.
I think i will set up it right than..

Thank you so much guys