Connecting Perfect Tuning CANbus Gauge

groovezog

I've got a GTRLink G4+ and a Perfect Tuning Universal Gauge for the G4+ (https://perfecttuning.net/en/gauge/68-universal-gauge-linkg4.html#/19-faceplate-black_anidozed/25-transparent_cover-no)

I'm unsure where to wire the CAN High (white wire) and CAN Low (green wire), or if I'm supposed to use the RS232 TX/RX (transmit and receive???) wires. I see two slots in the ECU (CAN and CAN2 in attached picture) but they don't resemble anything in any of the instructions that I read. 

1) Do I need to use CAN High and CAN Low, or the RS232 TX and RS232 RX?

2) Where exactly do I wire them into the ECU and which pins exactly? 

3) If I'm to use the CAN and CAN2 slots in the ECU board, where can I find the correct plug?

Thanks for any help. This looks like a great gauge and I'm looking forward to setting it up and seeing what it can do. 

IMG_20191221_132812.jpg

To connect to the CAN ports you will either need to buy a "CANPCB" cable and CANF plug from a Link dealer or make your own connection.  The Plug is a JST XA series, part number XAP-05V-1.  Terminals are SXA-01T-P0.6

7n07ZN7.png

Connector pinout (you only need the CAN H/L, other wires arent used):

SUvtVck.png

• 2 years later...