help cant get motor to fire link g4 vl rb30

Rbr31

1) your fuel table is all "100". It *might* start like this but its not going to run well. As a starting point, copy the fuel table from any of the base maps running modelled mode - I think the monsoon base map has one you can use to start.

2) you could drop the ignition table 1 values for 100kpa 0rpm to 5 or 10, instead of 20. It should start as is, but its easier on the starter motor if you have a very low number in the cranking ignition cell.

3) you probably need to give it some gas pedal to fire up. I dont see any idle control systems configured so it will need some throttle to start, at least until you get it dialled in well.

4) not your starting issue, but you have 2x Check engine light outputs configured?

5) Youve got it configured for ~1000cc injectors. Is that correct? If your injector vendor supplies short pulse data you should enter this too.

When you say "all timing is correct", does that mean you have run the trigger 1 calibration process and the timing mark is stable and at the right timing? Or are you referring to physical distributor timing?

Hey thanks for getting back to me so quickly I'm abit of a noob and have had some help trying to get it all set up so bare with me with my understandings haha, I had a play today with it again and still nothing I could get it to run on areo start  but would not carry on for some reason I'm definitely getting fuel that's why it's leading me towards the map or something in the ecu 

1) I had somone set it to 100 all the way through as I am running it on straight e85 

2) okay I will look into it like I said I don't know 100% what I'm doing but I'm just trying to get it started so I can get it on a trailer and sent to my tuner 

3) I am giving it plenty of pedal but doesn't seem to even want to make a budge at all 

4) not to sure what they are I tried to clear them but couldn't seem to get it away I believe one of them is something to do with the 02 sensor but I am not running one

5) Yeah I have a set of bosh 1150 cc injectors 

As for timming it's all set as per factory and pretty spot on with a timmung ligjt i havnt yet locked the timing in yet 

4 minutes ago, Rbr31 said:

5) Yeah I have a set of bosh 1150 cc injectors

The fact that is runs on aerostart suggest you dont have enough fuel.  E85 often needs often needs much more cold start and cranking enrichment.  As a quick test to check if it is just a fuel tune issue, you can set the injector size to half of what it is now (500cc), this will effectively double the amount of injected fuel and it should show some signs of life it thats all it is.

Im not sure if the VL plug-in will actually work with high impedance injectors but lets try the basics first before concluding that.

Please also log your next start up attempt, there is a short video here to give you a bit of an idea hoe to set that up:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A