Trigger 1 only and Direct Spark

grisom

Greetings!

Have found some trouble with starting Ls3 engine on a Xtreme model. After wiring all coils and injectors to corresponding drives on an ECU, found that Trigger 2 is not working due to bigger custom front cover where sync sensor is located. So I decided to start engine without sync signal. Injectors chose an option "multi point group", and ignition "direct spark". Help file says that that in a "direct spark" (8 cyl) there will be active only 1-4 ignition drives. When I crank engine, drives 5-8 where sending pulses as well to coils. But engine don't won't to operate correctly. Is there an option to make all ignition drives work in a wasted spark way?

It is mil spec wired. So It is hard to rewire. Initially it was wired for sequential injection and ignition. I just want to know, If each ignition drive wired to its own coil - can it work in wasted spark way? For example ignition drive 1and 5 trigger simultaneous.

No, the coils have to be wired in pairs for wasted spark.

the only other work around you could use is change the trigger mode to multitooth missing and set trigger 2 sync mode to none.  It will then still run fully sequential and direct spark without the cam sensor but it will only start approx 50% of start attempts.  If it doesn’t fire instantly you need to stop cranking and try again.