2jzge+t base map

ThatSupraGuy

7 hours ago, ThatSupraGuy said:

Is this just a tune issue or idle control?

Probably a bit of both, have you followed all the steps in the manual - checked all sensors are reading correct, calibrated MAP & TPS, set base timing, adjusted master fuel, etc?

1 hour ago, ThatSupraGuy said:

only adjusted it at dizzy with timing light. 

You need to have the “set base timing “ screen open when you do that so that the timing is locked to a known value while you check/adjust it.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I see a few things wrong.  Inj 8 which was ECU hold power has been turned off - this is needed so that the ecu can stay alive for a few seconds after shut down so that the idle valve can reset to its home position.  Also your hold power keep alive time was set to zero.  Without these the idle valve would have always been in an unknown position - most likely fully closed.

Your idle base position table was "back to front" (bigger numbers when cold instead of smaller), for a stepper motor this table represents "steps from fully open" so smaller number means more air.

I have fixed these mistakes up in the map attached below.  Load it in, do a store - then power off for say 10secs then back on and start.  See if it is any closer to working.  If it still doesnt idle you can highlight the whole idle base position table and hit say "-50" to make the whole table smaller which should give you more air/higher idle.

A couple of other things that dont look right and need to be considered:

Your dwell table is set to "duty cycle mode", this is pretty unusual and may be difficult to get right (typically only used for CDI systems and odd dwell controlled small modules).  I would probably change it back to ms mode unless this was done for a specific reason.

Your Lambda is showing about 0.55 which seems wrong - I dont even think the X series can measure that low.  So I suspect you have a calibration problem here.  This means your fuel mixture is not where you beleive it to be and may be contributing to your idle problem.

1943688588_2JZGET Fixed idle settings.pclr

you my friend are an absolute legend. its idling sweet. have adjusted the base idle so its idling at 750 ish rpm and changed dwell from duty to ms. and also adjusted master fuel which seems to have brought the lambda up too. just need to get it tuned properly now.

thanks heaps for your help.

2jz+t first test drive.llg 2jzge+t base map.pclr