Subaru 2.0 to 2.5 single avcs cam sensors help

Tomothompson

logically, *something* has to go to trigger2 (except in a few very special cases, not this one). 

If your engine had a non-vvt enabled exhaust cam to wire to trigger 2, then the 2x intake cams could be DI1 & DI2. If you dont have a fixed exhaust cam, and so your only 2x cam sensors are the 2x VVT inlets, then 1x of them has to go to trigger2.

As far as I know, subaru didnt start putting exhaust cam sensors in until they released the quad AVCS models. Therefore, you only have the 2x inlet cams to work with, so 1x of them has to go to trigger 2.

I did notice a typo in the help file where the EJ25 settings are correct, but the early EJ20 AVCS instructions say to use DI1+2 and set trigger2 VVT to none. a) you have an EJ25, and b) the EJ20 settings dont seem to make sense so i'd start with the EJ25 settings anyway even on an EJ20, but then check things before starting it.

Ive seen all the variations of subaru avcs.

a)The early 2.0L variant that had crank sensor, cam sensor, and the 2 avcs cam angle sensors

b)Then the later 2.0 and 2.5L single avcs had crank sensor and the 2 avcs cam angle sensors

c)lastly the quad avcs motors.

in variant a) you would wire crank to trig 1, cam to trig 2, and avcs sensors to di 1 and 2

variant b) crank to trig 1, lh avcs to trig 2, rh avcs to a di channel 1-4

variant c) you need not worry about in your case.