Link G4+ Fury CAN setup for AIM Strada MXG 1.2

Edmund T

Hi all, 

I need some advice on configuring my Link Fury G4+ with a AIM strada MXG 1.2 dash.

I have read the ecu help files and search the forums but I coudnt find the configuration for the  Fury CAN setup for the AIM Strada 1.2 MXG.

Current setup on the Fury CAN is : CAN 1,  Mode: User defined, Bit rate :1 Mbit,  Data -Channel 1,  Transmit user stream 1, Transit rate 10hz ,  CAN ID- 1000.

Only the AIM dash is connected to the ECU Canbus in the vehicle.  I wired the Can +/-  directly from the Ecu and AIM dash. I can power both ECU and AIM dash and connect to them.

However, form the ECU CAN setup, I cant find the CAN device when I select 'find devices'. This is my main issue, the ECU does not seem to be able to detect the AIM dash

From the ECU help files, I did find the CAN setup for an AIM MXL Pista but that didnt work either.

Any help is much appreciated!

AIM strada MXG setup R32 Skyline.pdf

The find devices tab is only for links can lambda so no other devices will show up there.  Try selecting transmit generic dash instead of transmit user stream 1.  You might also need to run racestudio and configure the dash to read the stream, I think there might be an example on here if you search. 

HTH, 

Richard. 

Gents, 

I configured the Link fury ecu and AIM Strada MXG as per the AIM documentation. I cant seem to push the simple data ( RPM, ECT, etc) from the Fury to the AIM dash.

I am getting a CAN error below from the Fury. I am pretty sure I have the CAN- and Can+ wired correctly. Appreciate any advice on this;

Configs:

CuY6QJYE-yZYALQFW5tK7JZ3_ZSuJpDusBB_YZ9C4hvn0tPcATxdZ2Gss9jwzqUO3dlnHin47FilfVw24hzk4aJIrB5DP98T79Ih4zal4M1P9LzAtB8qOvJs4eCvN6-44eAx74pk

image.png.18dfef3912124474c38ca982490dbbfd.png

Dash config:

image.png.96ff79a4e470cedefcbc87de3e7c4e31.png

CAN ERROR: 

image.png.b66ded3d145fc8ad0deca09a1daa5d94.png

Check ECU firmware is 5.6.6 or later, the AIM stream was only added in 5.6.6.

Is the dash connected to the 6 pin round port below the USB port?  If so can you give us a photo of the CANF plug with the back cover screwed off.

Hey Adam, thanks for helping me with this.  I am running 5.6.7 firmware on the Fury. Base file attached for your reference .

I also upgraded the AIM strada MXG 1.2 to the latest firmware and also the RaceStudio 3 software. The Link Fury CAN H&L are connected to the 14pin connecter pin 7 &8 ( diagram below )

However, I am still getting the CAN errors as initially reported.

Appreciate any help on this.

image.thumb.png.69ecc4868e3e165f83ac08f07cb2b736.png

MXG 1.2 Strada.zconfig Hadi R32 GTR Basemap 190120.pclr

Adam, thanks for your support on this. Although the AIM dash is receiving the data from Fury now, I am still getting the CAN error everytime I connect to the ecu. I just connected and the CAN2 errors are blow from the runtimevalues when the ecu is connected.

image.png.a99c1119527f61753f38e08484358e9d.png