3sgte gt2860rs basemap needed

Chris Simms

Hey all

After a month of swearing and resisting the urge to give up I FINALLY got the sh@t heap to fire up n idle without trigger errors. Turned out to be my shabby substandard chimp wiring.

Really really struggling to dial in the master fuel. Base map come at 9ms (40ish in the idle cells). Car runs like sh@t cuts out n barely runs. Been from 7ms to 25ms and nothin seems to work. 

Does someone please please have a map for a 3sgte Mr2 turbo or gt4 st205 they could share with me? Just to rule out a ton of stuff.

Spec 

JDM st205 

Rev2 block. ross forged pistons 8.5cr from memory with eagle rods. 1.8mm hg.

rev 3 ported head. Stock cams. Fmic full 3 inch decat and zorst. GT2860RS 38mm wg.

550 cc inj at 3bar ign off. 300lph pump.

Timings set. Everythings working... ish... tunes just sooooo far off.

would post my base map and logs but im still struggling to upload. Says ive used up all the space n wont let me delete previous uploads?

Would use dropbox but my crap phones that slow it crashes (posting this on a nightshift hiding from the boss).

Can email my basemap and epic fail logs from today tho if anybody has time to drop me an  email me (Dudleydaftdog@gmail)  ill send them over for someone whos not a complete muppet like me to look over pls :  ) 

If anybodys got a basemap thats close id be so grateful. Doesnt even have to be close... just run off boost till I can get half way across the country to the nearest 4wd dyno/LINK tuner.

many thanks again all.

Chris

The ST185/205 base map should be able to run it reasonably well with just the master fuel change.  If it doesnt then I would suspect there is something else is wrong.  I would expect for 550cc injectors on a 500cc cylinder the master would need to be around 15-20ms so it sounds like you have already covered that. 

The best way forward will be to share a short log and your tune.  You will have to use a file sharing service like dropbox/google drive etc.

I think there is something physically wrong with your fuelling system. 

with 550cc injectors on a 2.0 engine you should have an effective pulse width somewhere between 0.7-1ms. Yours is reporting as 4-5ms but your lamba is only reporting slightly rich. I'd guess either the injectors are blocked up, not actually 550's, or you have stuff all fuel pressure. Or you have something really quirky in your wiring like several injectors wired to a single output? This isnt a tune thing as it doesnt really matter how you get there with the numbers in the tune, that size injector at anything resembling a normal fuel pressure (300-400kpa) must be running around 1ms at warm idle. Once you find the issue, cut your master fuel value at least in half, maybe down to 1/3 to get the pulse rate something more reasonable. 

Once you have it idling ok, the numbers in the fuel table will behave as expected and you can start tuning it.

Can you also please describe how you have your tps main sensor wired up? I think there is some electrical noise getting in to it somehow (and maybe other parts of the ECU control as well). those logs show that its jumping between 5% & 30% 5-10 times a second almost constantly. Maybe that's true because of the way you are testing/driving it, but it seems unlikely. If more important controls are also seeing significant noise it could explain many things

CJ

Dude i double checked the fuel pressure and you where RIGHT :  )

Thankyou ever so much for making me rethink it. You wre spot on.

Turns out the adj fuel pressure reg was stuck open. Car started and idled at around 37 psi. 45 psi just sat running engine off but fuel pump on.

There must have been enough pressure to keep the engine running but would die as soon as you pulled away under load. Revved ok to 4k stuck open which is what threw me.

Cars been rewired and taken to bits running on a new map so last thing would be the reg that had been working fine till the car had been sat in the cold for a couple of months not bein used.

Felt something click unstuck as i pushed the piston/spring in reg and wd40d it within in inch of its life :  ) New reg ordered.

Have a car again and car enjoy some tuning and logging of the new superb G4+

Thanks once again. Been literally jumping on the spot with joy am that happy :  )

Chris