G4+ wrx v5-6 plugin random ignition cut

Kyle_francis

Hi Guys,

i have a really odd issue i have run into, after staring the car and the ecu going through an intial cycle, each time the car revs out to around 4400, i get an ignition cut. It does not matter if the car is warm, cold or driven for 10 or 20 minutes before hand, as soon as it hits 4400 it cuts igntion.

In my protection setup i have a map rpm limit set at 4500 for ect from -30c to -10c. I assume this is activating as i cannot find anywhere else. I have logged multiple times and the ecu does not state that it is entering a protection mode and i cannot work out what it is, im really stuck on this one.

It wouldnt be too much of an issue but have recently started some drag racing and the car is shutoff until just before the run, each time the rpm is hit it cuts and is severly hurting my et.

I have attached a log and the current map. At 44seconds into the log the cut is present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Kyle_V26 new deadtime.pclr Log 2020-01-15 9;03;25 am.llg

Not really enough parameters logged to tell.  There isnt even anything logged to show there was a cut at 44 seconds.

I would say most likely launch control or gear shift cut as they both have  relationships to 4500RPM.  For instance your foot might be slightly resting on the clutch causing gear shift cut to activate.  

I suggest you go for a drive with the laptop plugged in so yo can log all parameters - otherwise add percentage ign cut and limits flag word to your ECU logging.

I vote for gear shift control. 

a) its the only one with a -30* ign cut 

b) its set to trigger "powered up shift" above 4500rpm when DI 4 is active.... which is configured as ignition switch so its always active?

Like Adam says, its really hard to be certain from that log as there are not many parameters logged.

separately... Theres something wrong with your oil pressure sensor. No way do you have identical pressure at 4500rpm and 600rpm

4 hours ago, cj said:

I vote for gear shift control. 

a) its the only one with a -30* ign cut 

b) its set to trigger "powered up shift" above 4500rpm when DI 4 is active.... which is configured as ignition switch so its always active?

Like Adam says, its really hard to be certain from that log as there are not many parameters logged.

separately... Theres something wrong with your oil pressure sensor. No way do you have identical pressure at 4500rpm and 600rpm

ah, thatd be it, meant to be di 5, which is clutch switch.

And yes, my oil pressure sensor failed me a few days ago..