More Info on Old Link ECU - DC2 Integra Honda

nzhonda

Hi,

I have this old ECU - currently running a DC2 Integra - N/A. 

Is there any way to find more information about it? 
e.g. how old is it? What model Link is it? Who is suitable to tune it in New Zealand? 

Thanks in advance for reading this.

09FF463C-5D90-4FA0-8945-BAAE086BFB46.jpeg

I am reading about plugging it into the computer, however I don’t have the suitable plug for the end to do this.

That is a G1 based ecu.  It is about 20 years old.  Im pretty sure all the Integralink ECU's were laptop tunable but you will need a "Serial Link" box and either a laptop with a serial port or a USB>serial adapter.

You will find a manual for it in the G1 section of the forum here:  http://forums.linkecu.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=2527

Tuning software is on the Link website, PC Link V2.5.

There will not be many tuners around that are interested in tuning them anymore so you will probably have to shop around.

I have been told I have a very old Link version 3 & when a tech tried to hook up a windows based laptop it detected it but could not communicate with it. The tech mentioned a hand controller as an option to talk to the link however did not have one. Is there any way of communicating via computer with this link & if so how? serial connection perhaps? Although it seems odd that the laptop could detect it via USB connector.

incidentally the issue I’m having is a cold start problem with a Subaru engine which appears to be fuel based because if you pour fuel down its throat it will run & when it’s warm it goes like a bat out of hell.

thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, Shmooz said:

I have been told I have a very old Link version 3 & when a tech tried to hook up a windows based laptop it detected it but could not communicate with it. The tech mentioned a hand controller as an option to talk to the link however did not have one. Is there any way of communicating via computer with this link & if so how? serial connection perhaps? Although it seems odd that the laptop could detect it via USB connector.

incidentally the issue I’m having is a cold start problem with a Subaru engine which appears to be fuel based because if you pour fuel down its throat it will run & when it’s warm it goes like a bat out of hell.

thanks in advance.

If it really is a V3 then it is not laptop tunable, they were hand controller only.  The hand controllers have been obsolete for about 20 years so not easy to find now.  

7 hours ago, Shmooz said:

Although it seems odd that the laptop could detect it via USB connector.

None of the G1 ECU's had a USB port so Im not sure what you are talking about here, they only had a 14 pin ribbon cable that you needed to connect to a special box for PC comms.

Can you attach a photo of the ECU with the cover off so we can confirm what you have.