Link Monsoon S2000

Fotis

Hi, i will be wiring a Monsoon G4x soon into an S2000 and i am doing my research on the wiring. It will be in piggyback style since the steering wheel is electronicaly controlled. Do you have any wiring diagrams on how i should wire it? How will i splite the trigger singals between the stock and monsoon Ecu and whats needed to be wired to the link ecu?

I will connect the sensor grounds to both ecu's and the signals? 

For the triggers i will only connect the signal wires? 

What will happen when i remove vtec, o2 sensor , injectors , coils will the ecu turn into a safe mode because they are missing?

Best Regards

I have some doubts that this would work.  A few unknowns that make me hesitate...

I dont know for sure with the S2000, but many Hondas that  have reluctor sensors on the crank or cam have them wired to produce a rising edge signal rather than the falling edge that the Link needs.  In a standalone situation this is no problem, you just wire the crank sensor opposite to factory and it works fine.  However, in a piggyback situation you cant do that as it needs to be wired the original way to keep the factory ecu happy.  Depending on how the trigger circuit works in the factory ECU you may be able to just connect the Link ECU "back to front", but in many cases the reluctor -ve pin is tied to sensor ground so that wont work - basically both the +/- sensor pins will end up connected ground through the ECU's and neither will work.

Note, this is just a warning - be cautious before committing to the customer, it may work totally fine.  The two big unknowns are if the factory ecu is wired for a rising edge signal and if so is one of those pins tied to sensor ground.  You can obviously test for both with a scope and multimeter.