Cant get AEM X series UEGO wideband to work over CAN - HELP!!

Kenian

Hi Guys,

i am trying to get the wideband data from my AEM X series UEGO into my link G4 over CAN. It is a link g4 plugin for a 96-98 honda (HC96). I have used the pre made loom from NZEFI which i have plugged into the CAN 1/RS232 port on the ecu board. The guy @ NZEFI said not to bother with terminating resistors if the lead is under 1m which it is so i have just wired the can high and lo from the gauge loom directly to the corresponding high and lo on the loom plugged into the ECU - i have not used terminating resistor/s.

The AEM wideband has preset can streams in PC link so i have used that and followed the exact instructions on how to setup this gauge for CAN from the help section of PC link. also the CAN ID on the gauge is set as 1. 

I have attached the settings used to try set this gauge up which is not working. Can anyone see anything obviously wrong with what i have done in PC link or is it the fact there is no terminating resistor/s that is causing this issue? I get the feeling i am not setting up the CAN ID's correctly possibly?? 

Any help on this much appreciated.

CAN 1.PNG

CAN 2.PNG

CAN 3.PNG

Ok im an idiot - i realised i still had one of the Analogue inputs setup as Lambda 1 from when i had the wideband running 0-5v. 

So changed that and im getting the info over CAN but its really really slow and laggy/blocky. I blip the throttle and nothing changes, i give it a good rev and it will really chunky and slowly change and then just revert back to the number it was on before i punched the throttle and it does not look like live data it is just a fixed number thats not constantly changing and only changes if you give it a good stab but then as i said extremely delayed. 

Do i need to add in a 120 ohm terminating resistor? 

I have attached my tune hopefully you can see whatever i have done wrong.

Much appreciated.

Honda Civic 96-99 G4+ Xtreme Plugin KENIAN 24.01.20.pclr

ID position should be set to none.  I just checked it is correctly set to none in the supplied file so you must have changed that yourself somehow by mistake.  FYI, the Red highlighting of Byte 1 shows you have a set up error.

AFON7nr.png

Ok so tried that and then them lambda gauge doesnt move at all. Gets the extremly blocky whacky signal when the ID position is at 1. I took a screen record to show you whats happening. 

Even when the signal ID is set at 0 the red portion at the bottom just highlights in the 0 fields instead of the 1 feilds so theres still something not right in the setup.

Should i try putting a terminating resistor in and just eliminate that as a potential issue? 

Thanks