Triggering problems starting 4g69 mivec

Nashar

I need help to start my 4g69 mivec 

I grinded the stock crank trigger gear from 36-2-1 to 12-1 and I was planning to run it batch fire, only on crank trigger.

This setup works on another car with the exact same engine and trigger wheel but different ecu, with Link ECU it reads 1000+ rpm just cranking with starter motor.

I tried playing with all the settings, no hope, so I decided to switch the whole trigger setup to mitsubishi evo by installing the cam and crank trigger gears from 4g63 also cam and crank sensors from 4g63 and applied all the evo 7 trigger settings from the ecu help manaul.

Now when I open runtime values when cranking, Trig1 and Trig2 are highligted green and (yes), trigger error keeps counting and the rpm doesn't rise above 0.

I need to start the car with either 4g63 setup or the old 12-1 setup and if anyone knows another different way to start this engine I would really appreciate the help.

attached are pictures for the two triggers.

83674269_114892216618974_264770276938481664_n.jpg

84220299_167215914578167_1194555448695455744_n.jpg

In thoery either of those options should work.  In your first picture with the evo sensor/wheel, it doesnt look like the OD of the wheel goes inside the sensor far enough.  Below is a picture of a stock evo setup, notice the OD of the blade goes insid ethe sensor by something like 8-10mm.  Yours looks like it is only going in 3 or 4mm?

What ECU have you got?  

Nr7Bu2p.png

This sensor is flipped to fit, it couldn't sit like it sits in the evo.

It's has like 2 lips and the blade slides between them, if you look at the hidden lip in my picture which is visible in your picture you will find that the blade goes in for about the same length

32 minutes ago, Nashar said:

It's has like 2 lips and the blade slides between them, if you look at the hidden lip in my picture which is visible in your picture you will find that the blade goes in for about the same length

If we look at the OD of the disc and the lower edge of the bolt mounting flange, the evo touches or even overlaps the bolt flange.  Granted the phots arent at same angles etc but to me yours looks quite a way further off:

K5yCwIQ.png

AgoewE0.png

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

What ECU have you got?

I have link g4+ monsoon ECU 

I am going to check the trigger wheel and the sensor one more time maybe I could reach a better fitment.

The only way I could fit everything together well is by installing 4g63 oil pump