ISCV on 1JZ-GTE VVTI

Akane

Hi all,

I am using an Altezzalink on 1JZ-GTE VVTI, trying to get ISCV to work, but there's no indication that it's working at all, I have attached my tune file, is there I'm something missing?  I have wired it to AUX5-AUX8

I have attached my tune file, any assistance is much appreciated.

Thanks.

image.png.e0d66b23986a9668fd212585c31bfcaf.png

1JZ traditional.pclr

Note also those aux runtimes that you show in your screenshot will always show "off", they only show on for basic on/off type functions like fuel pumps/fans etc.

A couple of other notes;

Your base position table doesnt have suitable numbers in it - copy the base position table from the supra base map will be a closer starting point.  Same with the max and min clamp - copy from the supra map.

You dont have ECU hold power set up so the stepper motor wont be able to reset/home after key-off, so in idle settings you will need to set it to reset at key on - and make sure you give it 5 seconds to reset after you turn the key on and before you start cranking. 

6 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

Is it a Toyota 6 wire ISCV.? Have you supplied ignition switched live on the other 2 pins.? 

Yes, I have hooked up all 6 pins, 2x 12V+ and the ISCV gets warm when I switch to "ON" position.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

Note also those aux runtimes that you show in your screenshot will always show "off", they only show on for basic on/off type functions like fuel pumps/fans etc.

A couple of other notes;

Your base position table doesnt have suitable numbers in it - copy the base position table from the supra base map will be a closer starting point.  Same with the max and min clamp - copy from the supra map.

You dont have ECU hold power set up so the stepper motor wont be able to reset/home after key-off, so in idle settings you will need to set it to reset at key on - and make sure you give it 5 seconds to reset after you turn the key on and before you start cranking. 

Will try those, thanks.

6 hours ago, Richard Hill said:

Is it a Toyota 6 wire ISCV.? Have you supplied ignition switched live on the other 2 pins.? 

If you use Aux 5-8 for JZ ISCV then you don't need the 2 switch live wires connected. Aux 5-8 are high side outputs and drive the stepper motors directly. Stock ECU requires the 2 switch lives as the IACV signals are low side. 

42 minutes ago, 0x33 said:

If you use Aux 5-8 for JZ ISCV then you don't need the 2 switch live wires connected. Aux 5-8 are high side outputs and drive the stepper motors directly. Stock ECU requires the 2 switch lives as the IACV signals are low side. 

In this that wont work, the OP is using the Altezza plug-in ECU which doesnt have high side drive hardware, so you must have the 2 center taps connected to 12V as it does originally.  With a wire-in ECU that has the highside hardware then you can often drive 6 wire motors in bi-polar mode as you describe - provided they pull less than 0.5A.