Logger

Guest filin

Guest filin

Hi Ray,

Do you have any plans about upgrade the PC and ECU logger? PC logger is too slow and ECU records too small quantity parameters... I have had the problem during tuning of boost: small engine with 45R. My run is very short and I have in PC logger about 8-10 points. ECU logger does not record WG DC, P,I,D gaines...Also ECU does not record Knock counters, Cyl knock levels

Let me know please.

Dima

We are planning to completely revise ECU logging in the near future. It will be made so you can select what to log and at what rate.

As for ECU logging, there have been a few reports of slow logging. Most cases have been due to older or slower laptops being used. Modern laptops should achieve up to about 32 samples per second. Here are some ways to improve logging rate:

- Make sure you do not have communications issues (eg interference). VTS discards corrupt information from the ECU.

- The logging rate is the packet rate (top right of the screen). This should be above 20Hz.

- Make sure you do not have too many tabs in you layout if you have a slower PC.

- Make sure the help is closed. I have seen a case where opening the help window slowed VTS!

I am lucky to get ~10hz...

And use a quadcore alianware laptop when logging.

Yes I also find the power of the PC has very little to do with the PC memory logger. It is noise on the USB cable that causes the low log rate. I use a dog of a laptop to tune. Some cars the rate is good, others it sucks. Because of this I use the ECU memory logger.