Link GTR pnp newbie questions

FreKev89

Hello,

This is my first Link ECU and I want to use as many (useful) features as possible.
That's why I have some questions, please feel free to give your opinion:

1) Signal ground: Can I connect all (IAT, oil temp/press & fuel press) to Expansion signal ground or does the ECU on its own also have a signal ground?
Is PIN 30 sensor ground?

2) AN Temp 2 should be empty but is original used by "FICD" (Fast Idle Control device). Do I need to cut it?

3) I installed Oil temp & pressure and fuel pressure as an extra. I'm not going to use oxy & AFM so I have some slots free. Which are other handy input signal I could use?

4) I have also 2 Digital buttons free, any for what I could use them?

5) I have a Walbro Fuelpump so I guess FP speed control is not used? So I can use it for something else?

8 hours ago, FreKev89 said:

1) Signal ground: Can I connect all (IAT, oil temp/press & fuel press) to Expansion signal ground or does the ECU on its own also have a signal ground?
Is PIN 30 sensor ground?

You can connect all to the exp connector if you wish.  Pins 26,30,34 & 50 are also sensor grounds.

2) AN Temp 2 should be empty but is original used by "FICD" (Fast Idle Control device). Do I need to cut it?

Is this a R33 RB25DET?  I know I have seen that FICD connection in some documents, but I have never seen a car with one.  On R32 GTR's, pin 36 is the factory air temp sensor.  If yours really does have the FICD connectted to pin 36 then I suggest you snip it or unplug in the engine bay.  The Link ecu doesnot use this valve, it uses the AAC to do both functions.

3) I installed Oil temp & pressure and fuel pressure as an extra. I'm not going to use oxy & AFM so I have some slots free. Which are other handy input signal I could use?

Since that ECU was designed for a GTR, it has two an volt inputs for the two air flow meters, and another two inputs for the oxyprobes.  Plus there are 3 extra on the exp connectors so you should have plenty spare.

5) I have a Walbro Fuelpump so I guess FP speed control is not used? So I can use it for something else?

As far as I know on the GTS's they didnt have speed control at all so Aux 1 & 2 will be free to use for something else.