Link G4+ for rb26dett

rb26brett

Hi, just purchased my link g4+ for my R33 GTR RB26DETT and was wondering, do I need to fit a link 3 port boost control solenoid to run boost control or does the ecu do this on it's own without the need of a 3 port solenoid or even the factory oem solenoid? Or do I need a solenoid to be able to control boost levels?

Then engine and turbos is stock so I won't be going over 0.9 bar of boost.

Couldn't find a straight answer if the ecu controls the boost on it's own without any solenoids being connected to it to control boost some people say the ecu controls it all through the standard oem ecu wiring loom and others say you need a boost control solenoid to control the levels off boost accurately.

If someone could let me know that'll be much appreciated  

Thanks

Most people would fit an aftermarket boost solenoid as the factory ones usually have only a small range of control.  I suspect in your case if you only want 0.9bar it wont be far off spring pressure so you probably wont even need boost control. 

30 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Most people would fit an aftermarket boost solenoid as the factory ones usually have only a small range of control.  I suspect in your case if you only want 0.9bar it wont be far off spring pressure so you probably wont even need boost control. 

Thank you for messaging. 

The oem solenoid I think I've read somewhere has a restrictor in one of the lines marked yellow on the pipe, and if you remove that the turbos will boost up to there actuator spring pressures.

Is there any advantage to fitting a solenoid to the G4+ ecu if I run that sort of factory boost, like better quicker boost response etc or again is that all something the ecu can do without a solenoid.

Thanks 

8 hours ago, rb26brett said:

The oem solenoid I think I've read somewhere has a restrictor in one of the lines marked yellow on the pipe, and if you remove that the turbos will boost up to there actuator spring pressures.

No, they should run at spring pressure without any boost control at all, the solenoid can only increase boost above spring pressure (by bleeding air out of the wastegate diaphragms).

8 hours ago, rb26brett said:

Is there any advantage to fitting a solenoid to the G4+ ecu if I run that sort of factory boost, like better quicker boost response etc or again is that all something the ecu can do without a solenoid

I have never used a factory one as have only worked on cars with significant modifications and running higher boost.  If you only want to run factory boost level then changing to a different valve will unlikely give you any advantage.