Toyota 2JZ-VVTi Running on 2 Cylinders :(

Dochka

Hi,

Today I've got a car powered by a Toyota 2JZ-VVTi engine managed by a Link Storm Blue G4+ 1 Plug ecu ;

Engine was running normal before we shut it down, I Reset the ecu to factory settings and upgraded the firmware to the latest;

Set up all the Inputs/Outputs,StartUp.pclr

Engine is wired Semi-Sequentially, Inj-Coil 1 run Cyl 1&6, 2 Runs 2&5 & 3 runs 3&4

Started the engine, but 4 cylinders are dead... Turns out Injectors number 2, 4,5 & 6 are not pulsating

Checked wiring continuity and no issues there, but when I test Injectors individually, only 1 & 3 Pulsate...

Coils work fine

What could be the issue ? This is driving me nuts, tried running the engine 36-2 mode on Trigger 1 only but same issue..

Elios_X Trigger Scope Log 2020-02-24 8;42;59 pm.llg Elios X.llg

If you are running the injection test function and only get 1 pair operating then check the power supply to the 2 pairs that are not working and check the continuity back to the ECU. 

Are the injectors off all the time or stuck on? If they are stuck on then likely a damaged injector drive

Hang on, you said injectors are paired 1&6 etc, but then you say injector 1 is working but injector 6 isnt?   If injector 1 is firing then that proves the inj drive is ok, if they are both wired to the same drive then they should both be working - it could only be a wiring issue or seized injector or similar?  Can you confirm if that is what you are trying to say?

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

Hang on, you said injectors are paired 1&6 etc, but then you say injector 1 is working but injector 6 isnt?   If injector 1 is firing then that proves the inj drive is ok, if they are both wired to the same drive then they should both be working - it could only be a wiring issue or seized injector or similar?  Can you confirm if that is what you are trying to say?

Yeah,

I first thought so,

But I got shocked when I tested the Voltage on Injector 1 and 6 Plugs while testing them and found out that Inj 1 Output Voltage is 0.60V and returns to 0.20V when I stop testing and that Voltage on Injector plug 6 is at 0.20V all the time even if i test it...

Injector 3 plugs is the only other one that works (0.20V to 0.60V) , while all the others left don't work...

Checked the connector, wiring... 

Strange thing is that engine was running normal before I updated the firmware...

Tried restoring the old firmware, and the same issue persists...

16 hours ago, Adamw said:

Tested the output directly from the ecu plug

All of the injector outputs are working

Did some detective work on the wiring loom and found out the problem...

Thanks