Aim strada 1.2 street link monsoon starlet glanza v

S116ukr

Hi all just looking for a little help, Ive managed to find some information online but just looking more for possible verification on a few things and just generally some help...

So ive got a toyota starlet glanza v running a link g4 monsoon, Its all in mapped and running, So now ive been and bought myself the strada 1.2 street, So im just looking for some pointers i think ive got most of the wiring sorted. 

So the 14 pin  plug i have sorted,

Pin 1 to my power source

Pin 2 to a ground

Pin 8 to the link can H + connection

Pin 9 to the link can L - connection

Im pretty sure ive got that correct

Now for the analogue inputs for the indicators and head lights etc im pretty sure ive got them all correct as ive found the relevant cables on the back of the existing cluster,

My only real questions are, The water and oil temp im guessing ill get sent via can do dont need to worry about them from the back of the cluster,

The fuel is the only one im not so sure about as do i need anything in line for it to work or can i just connect directly to the fuel cable ,

Also is there somewhere within the pclink software with my map that i need to turn the can connections on or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks  

14 hours ago, S116ukr said:

My only real questions are, The water and oil temp im guessing ill get sent via can do dont need to worry about them from the back of the cluster,

No they will be transmitted over CAN from the ECU, no need to wire anything.

The fuel is the only one im not so sure about as do i need anything in line for it to work or can i just connect directly to the fuel cable ,

Fuel is a bit tricky, you will need a pull-up resistor.  Follow the instruction in this document below, except for the calculation section where it says to "multiply the resistance by 9".  I suggest you multiply by 2 instead which will give much better resolution.

https://www.aim-sportline.com/download/faqs/eng/hardware/sensors/FAQ_Sensors_Fuel_level_100_eng.pdf

Also is there somewhere within the pclink software with my map that i need to turn the can connections on or anything.

Follow instructions below (for an older AIM dash), except step 6, set the dropdown to "Transmit Link AIM MXS Strada Dash"

4J6mIbp.png

brilliant thank you ive got all that done however the dash still doesnt seem to be showing any of the relevant information... the wiring is all as it should be so im a little confused....

The only thing i can think is maybe the wiring from the back of the strada dash its self i have the can h and l from the ecu connected to the following

Can H from the ecu is connected to pin 8 on the back of the strada dash labled can 1+

Can L from the ecu is connected to pin 9 on the back of the strada dash labled Can 1- 

I presume these are the correct terminations...

yeah all configured and ive picked a load of read outs to take from the ecu. so in race studio 3 for the dash, in the ecu stream ive clicked link ecu and then 

Link-Can_bus__base_LCC

ive also ensured that the 120 ohm resistor tick box is ticked..

In the link g4 software for my monsoon i have done whats stated above the only thing i can think is the can cables between the ecu and the dash but ive checked them for continuity and there is and thats between. pins 8 and 9 on the dash plug and 28 and 29 on the monsoon ecu plug so im really at a loss as to what the issue could be here?

Anyone have any ideas?

Check that your ECU firmware is at least 5.6.6.3593, the AIM stream was only introduced in that version onwards.  You can check my going to >help>ecu information>maincode firmware version.  If not then do a firmware update.

If firmware looks ok then please attach your .pclr and I'll take a quick look.