G4X BMW E36 M50B25TU Base Map

RobinHodges

Hi.  I just ordered my G4x Storm wire-in ECU for my BMW (BMW E36 M50B25TU).  

I see there is a base map for the G4+ plug-in ECU (BMWLINK - #E36+).  File name: BMW E36 G4+ Xtreme Plugin.pclr

This file comes with the PCLink G4+ software.

Is there a base map available for my engine for the G4X Storm ECU?  PCLink G4x software cannot load the above file type. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Simon, 

Thank you so much for this.   What can I expect from this map?   I just need the triggers to be configured correctly (so can go ahead and adjust the base timing)  and then the ability to start the car.  Of course I have a wide band to make further adjustments. 

I assume this map has the correct trigger config? (Apologies if this is the wrong terminology - it's my first time doing this).

What about the ignition dwell time and trigger edge (+ or -) for the coil packs?  Is that set up correctly?

Thanks. 

It should allow the engine to start and run with minimal adjustment.  You will need to configure all IO to match how you have wired it.  You will likely need to adjust the master fuel to get it to run ok.  You will need to check base timing once it is running.  All of the other fundamentals such as dwell times, trigger setup etc shouldnt need touching.  Download the manual from the BMW E36 plug-in page and go through the pre-start configuration and first time startup sections will cover most of it.

• 2 years later...