evo 5 prm limit reached

evo5guy

Hey everyone, hope everyone is having a good day and sorry for the long post in advance.

Im in need of some help figuring out whats up with my evo. its a 1998 evo 5 with a 8 bottom end a 5 head, currently running a garrett 3582R turbo with intercooler, 1220 cc injectors and a couple other parts. i just took the car out of storage for the winter time and im having problem where im getting some sort of cut happening at 6000rpm only under WOT and ecu says rpm limit reached and does a hard cut. i've had my tuner look over my link ecu and nothing seems to be coming up. i've replaced ignition coils, sparkplugs, cam sensor and crank sensor. tuner has noticed that my ignition table loses its mind when the cut does happen but even after adjusting it it still does it but only under WOT. if i ease into throttle and dont go past 50% i can take the car all the way up to 7600rpm and about 18psi of boost. i do have some data logs from the link ecu that i can upload as well if that does anything. thanks for taking time to read this and hopefully some one can help me out before summer time.

rpmlimitactivated.pclr

Yes a log will be needed to see if it is ecu related.  Preferably a PC log with all parameters recorded.

One thing I noticed - turn off gear shift control, for whatever reason that is assigned to DI6 which is your flex fuel sensor so that will probably activate randomly.

In your ECU statistics there are 84 counts of "GP RPM Limit 1", but you dont have a GP limiter assigned in your current tune at all - so it seems someone hasnt reset those statistics since changing it.   Can you reset those statistics before running it again.