SUGGESTION FOR A NEW FEATURE

Guest Marcel B

Guest Marcel B

Hello all , After attending a local rotary drive I popped a rotor on my 13B , the broken seal damaged the turbine side of my EXPENSIVE GT45R as it flew out the exhaust port :( Investigations revealed that it was caused by a crimped fuel supply line located under the car .This would have been caused when the bottom side of the car made contact with some of the nasty humps and bumps on the way.I have since been thinking of ways this could have been avoided , but no matter what I come up with , I really believe that it all comes back to the ViPec........ :idea: So Ray , would it be possible to have some sort of a "Lean Run Condition Correction" addeded as a new feature ? It doesnt have to be complicated or sophisticated , I am thinking of something that would add a user defined amount of fuel (%) to the fuel map for a specified amount of time (or engine cyclec) once the manifold pressure is positive and the actual an target AFR's differ by more than X amount (%) , u know what I mean , sorta like the cold start map , but activated by actual to target AFR differences ;) .

Hey man,

Yep good idea, you can actually setup something with the current setup, but it would be much nicer to add more tables with more input / output options, and 12 tables is not enough) or at least encorperate these ideas as features !!!

2 x Tables with inputs of AFR setpoint vs actual AFR 1 & AFR 2 !

^ Then if using E85 % your stoich value changes as does your desired AFR setpoint - so more tables for E85 would also be nice ;)

Seperate Table with inputs for fuel pressure (not voltage) vs manifold pressure and inputs for oil pressure (not voltage) vs rpm !

These tables should enable a second rpm limit & or an idiot light, whilst also provide fuel enrichment and ignition retard - Similar to a basic NOS switch setup

Lets hope they implement it :D

Normally people use a fuel pressure sensor in the fuel rail. We sell a 10bar (150 psi) sensor for this job. The fuel pressure can signal can be used to turn on a warning light or add extra fuel.

I think you should add a sensor as this is the expected method for detecting problems like this.

Ray.

Guest Marcel B
Normally people use a fuel pressure sensor in the fuel rail. We sell a 10bar (150 psi) sensor for this job. The fuel pressure can signal can be used to turn on a warning light or add extra fuel.

I think you should add a sensor as this is the expected method for detecting problems like this.

Ray.

I do have a fuel pressure sensor mounted at my regulator , but unless the fuel line is almost completely blocked , the pressure will remain the same :!: I am also using a pair oh BOSCH '044's so maintaining the pressure isnt a problem , the problem is the restricted FLOW of fuel when boost comes on . I believe the AFR will begin changing way before the fuel pressure is affected.

Guest |817|

I do have a fuel pressure sensor mounted at my regulator , but unless the fuel line is almost completely blocked , the pressure will remain the same :!: I am also using a pair oh BOSCH '044's so maintaining the pressure isnt a problem , the problem is the restricted FLOW of fuel when boost comes on . I believe the AFR will begin changing way before the fuel pressure is affected.

I don't agree Marcel. Fuel pressure won't be maintained if you cannot supply the flow. If your line is crimped and your motor is asking for more fuel than the line can now supply, the pressure on the rail will be down. Pressure is only created by trying to push more fuel in than that there is going out (in this case through the injectors).

Guest Marcel B

I don't agree Marcel. Fuel pressure won't be maintained if you cannot supply the flow. If your line is crimped and your motor is asking for more fuel than the line can now supply, the pressure on the rail will be down. Pressure is only created by trying to push more fuel in than that there is going out (in this case through the injectors).

Lets say , for arguement sake , you're right , the AFR will change a lot faster than the fuel pressure , also , how would I /can I accurately determine the relationship between the two in order to put together a useful table ?

With the current limitations of selections avaliable in the tables & their operation - Could use AFR, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure etc... !

Doesn't have to be rpm limit - could be GP PWM which enables other table or modifiers - reducing boost, increasing fuel & retarding ignition + Warning light !

It would be nicer to be able to select AFR Actual vs AFR Target though !