evo9 pnp issue

Guest filin

Guest filin

Hi Ray,

today I tried to start the new Evo9 project. Engine does not start, timing mark is steady but is different about 25degree from the similar setup and my tachometr reads about 4-5 times more RPM than normal. During cranking I saw about 1500rpm...When engine start the tach shows 9000+rpm. The engine's work is not correct. Its like there is the mistake in the firing order. I will check all wiring tomorrow, but may be do you have any idea about direction of my reseach)))

thank you in advance

Dima

The plugin ECU come with a base map. The engine will start on this map. Maybe the wrong map was loaded. Make sure you have these settings.

Trigger Setup->Trigger mode = Mitsubishi EVO 7-9

Trigger 1 Type = Optical/Hall

Trigger 1 Filtering = Level 2

Trigger 1 Pullup = On

Trigger 1 Edge = Rising

Trigger 2 Type = Optical/Hall

Trigger 2 Filtering = Level 2

Trigger 2 Pullup = On

Trigger 2 Edge = Rising

Calibrate->Trigger Offset = 0 deg

Guest filin

Ray,

trouble was solved by changing ECU... I removed ECU from properly operated car, I have configured the start calibration for current setup and engine started like stock! Its the first time in my practice. What I should do?

Guest filin

Ray,

I have not the map that was in the ECU, because I updated firmware and loaded map from the other EVO with the same specs. I have 2 units with the same maps and the one works perfect and the other one does not work. Should I send this map?

Guest filin

Simon,

It does not work after reseting... The timing is wrong... Connecting, downlouding, all work like normal ECU, but engine does not want to start and the timing lamp during ingnition's calibrating shows the timing 85 BTDC instead of 60 degree.

Dima

I'm assuming that the crank trigger is not factory? Given the 12 tooth setting.

What are you running for a cam sync?

In the file you have sent me it is set to crank x1 is this correct?

Going from your map the set up is currently set to sync off the crank. If you have a single tooth cam sensor trigger 2 should be on cam x1

Do you get signals on both triggers in the runtime display?

Guest filin

I have all signals on two ECU and there are not errors during cranking. After start the wrong new ECU shows Trigg1 error and the engine has not proper work. I at once switch on the other ECU with the same map and the engine has perfect work without any errors.

• 10 years later...