6.5K DI 11 Thunder input and ECU processing

banaro

Considering implementing an 8 pulse per tailshaft rotation sensor to improve resolution over the current 2 pulse, considering this is not a differential signal, and the data input rate would be approaching 1.5K are there any down sides to the ecu processing of this into  reliable wheel speed acceleration data?

I have had problems with the length of time the ecu takes to recalculate its position along engine protection RPM limit tables for progressive time based limiting, nearly .1sec behind  at times, and I wonder whether the ECU might give a higher priority to calculation updates in the antilag tables for example?

Thanks

7 hours ago, banaro said:

I have had problems with the length of time the ecu takes to recalculate its position along engine protection RPM limit tables for progressive time based limiting, nearly .1sec behind  at times, and I wonder whether the ECU might give a higher priority to calculation updates in the antilag tables for example?

That seems a bit extreme.  Are you sure the delay is not just display or logging related?  

Im not sure if I have the knowledge to answer the rest of your question confidently except that I can say I have used traction control with 40odd teeth abs sensors, with all 4 wheels, on a thunder with instantaneous arrest of wheel slip possible.

Hi Adam,

I had applied a timer to an axis of an rpm limit protection table so i could have timed progressive rpm limits, but when it hit the limiter more than anticipated I investigated and found that the rpm being called out from the table along the time axis was delayed & would update infrequently compared to the actual timer value, and I was logging both at a high rate, the data matched the symptoms the car experienced.

If you think about the architecture of most processor system, not all calculations will have the same priority, fuel tables and executing an rpm limit would likely be high, but recalculating a position on an rpm table maybe way lower. 

The reason i raise all of this is that I wish to use the ecu calculated value "wheel speed acceleration" as an axis in antilag ignition cut tables, but firstly it needs to be calculated, secondly evaluated in the table, then thirdly acted on, so time unknown.

Thanks