1JZ VVTI RPM SIGNAL ISSUE

LODYNAMICS

I am tuning a 1jz-vvti engine on a link fury ecu. I am having an issue where the rpm signal is jumping from around 6,000 rpm to something like 12,000 rpm erratically. It only happens for a split second but it's enough to trigger the rpm limiter. It doesn't do it at the same RPM every time. It also only seems to do it under load. If I just rev the engine in neutral it seems to just hit the normal rev limiter. I put in a new crank sensor as well as a new cam sensor. The harness is a flying lead harness from link so the ecu side of the harness is all factory terminated and the sensor side looks solid.

I tried all the filtering levels in the software and none of them fixed the issue, some of them just made it worse. i also adjusted the trigger arming threshold tables in the problem areas with no positive response.

I have the cal file as well as a log of the rpm signal spiking if anyone would like to take a look.

Any ideas or have any of you had this issue? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

DYNO E85 final trigger issues.pclr palmer 1jz vvti erratic rpm up top.llg

Start by doing a triggerscope and attaching here.  Do one at idle and one at say 4000RPM might be helpful.  Heres a quick vid showing how to do it:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmidU5V2CmTcv6t2y?e=i2nfuZ

Also, your VVT control is very bad (this is just something I noticed - it is not part of the trigger issue), go to VVT settings, change PID setup to custom then go to the new LH Inlet folder that will show up and half the proportional gain.