Dual Wideband CLL operation on LinkG4+ PnP 300zx(Z32)

NL22

I am trying to set up a dual wideband close loop control on a 91 300zxTT(Z32) with the LinkG4+ plug and play ecu. From my understanding, the "Auto Wideband mode" in close loop cannot be use with dual banks, only "stoichmode(wideband)." So currently it is set as "Stoichmode(wideband), Dual channel mode on. Bank1 is Cyl 1,3,5 and Bank2 is Cyl 2,4,6. Started the car up and it would run fine with both banks reading close to about 1.0 lambda. Once the engine reaches the proper temperature and close loop turns on, Lambda 1(Bank1) will stay around 1.0 with a +2% correction but Lambda 2(Bank 2) would slowly start going all the way to 1.2 with -20% correction. I'm going to assume that the close loop correction for Lambda 1 and 2 shares the same AFR/Lambda Target table, so it doesn't explain why Bank 2 would keep pulling fuel. Both widebands are brand new AEM X series and both are wired into the CAN on the Link ECU.

Just to make sure that there wasn't any odd readings between both widebands or if Bank 2 was actually running that rich, I then disable the close loop function. Both Bank1 and Bank2 were within 2-3% of each other at around 1.0 lambda without any close loop corrections at idle. To verify that both widebands were reading separately from each other, I would then go into "Individual Cylinder Trim" and add fuel to one bank vs the other. The Wideband in that bank will go rich vs the other side as well. I've also attached the base start up calibration file.

300zbasecalVEDual.pclr

It is the inline X series wideband so the configuration of setting it up is a little different compared to the the Gauge kit where you can switch between ID 1, ID 2 and so on. I can try to reconfigure it again and see if anything changes. 

Finally got the chance to look at the vehicle again today. I checked the configuration on the both widebands and they are reading as they should. Key on,  wideband 1 flashes red and green simultaneously( 1 time)  representing ID#1. Wideband 2 flashes red and green simultaneously (2 times) representing ID#2. Checked the configuration in the Link Ecu, Lambda 1 is in CAN 2, Channel 1, 500kbit/s, ID 384, Extended, stream 1. Lambda 2 is in CAN 2, Channel 2, 500kbit/s, ID 385, Extended, stream 2. Firmware is on 5.6.7.3632. If this is something with the CAN, I can try to rewire it as analog and see if anything changes.

I went and recheck again this morning after you mentioned about the ECU firmware. I was looking at the PC LInk Version Information and that was 5.6.7, ECU firmware was still at 5.6.5. Update the firmware to the current 5.6.7 and Dual CLL is functioning fine now. Thank you.

I like the features and control in "Automode Wideband" that I've used before on single bank inline 4 cylinder vehicles. Since "Automode Wideband" can't be use in this V6 application, can the other ecu's like the Fury or Thunder have the same features and control for dual banks in "Automode Wideband" as it does for the single bank "Automode Wideband."

6 hours ago, NL22 said:

I like the features and control in "Automode Wideband" that I've used before on single bank inline 4 cylinder vehicles. Since "Automode Wideband" can't be use in this V6 application, can the other ecu's like the Fury or Thunder have the same features and control for dual banks in "Automode Wideband" as it does for the single bank "Automode Wideband."

That's be nice. Dual mode works well around idle and cruise, haven't really done any testing to see what happens under any real load.