G4+ Supra 2JZ traction control

sama

Hello guys, hope all are doing well with this massive virus that hurting all of us badly. I wanted to know if somebody has any experience what is needed to install the G4+ traction control system, not sure if it works with the stock ABS sensors or needs a new set to make it work.

Thanks a lot!

Is it a supra plug-in ecu or something else?  You would typically already have rear wheel speed available from the gearbox sensor so you just need to add a front wheel.  If you have a plug-in ECU then the ABS signal will be too high frequency so you will need to either build a frequency divider circuit to bring it down to an acceptable level or fit some other separate toothed wheel for front wheel speed.

There is a conditioned square wave wheel speed signal available at the ABS ecu that I would tap into.  Pin 7 is the front right and pin 20 is the front left.

A45Hpvk.png

You will then have to build a small frequency divider circuit like this to connect to the ecu:

wtleqd9.png

7 hours ago, orlando bello said:

Hello Adam where or what  website is the divider available. 

Almost any electronics store should have a 4024, or ebay etc.  Over here our local jaycar stores (a bit like radioshack) sell them for like $1.50 each. 

Search for CD4024.  Heres an example:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/CD4024BE?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtdY2G%2BSI3N4a%2FfUmOafsfmk1lx%2BAgrRBY%3D

FYI you can use a 74HC393 which has two 4-bit counters in one package.  Saves space if you need all 4 wheel speeds.  In a TSSOP package, the board fits on the end of an AT04-12PA-BM* header, making for a compact addition to a wiring harness.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Yes the input to the 4024 chip would be one of the conditioned signals I highlighted in the pink box above that runs between the ABS and traction ecu's.

Thanks Adam, I think that's our issue, no traction control from factory. The link doesn't seem to be able to pick up the frequency.