Link Thunder Throttle issue

Turbohead

Hi,

I am having some issues with the ECU shutting down the engine and giving error code 75 and later code 73 which shuts down the engine. This is happening randomly at full throttle, I logged it 3 times. I tried resseting the APS and TP sensors, they appear to be working ok. While this is happening there are some other glitches which I noticed, the gear shift status changes between waiting and tp low lockout, lambda goes rich and tp error counter goes to 100, at this point the engine shuts down slowly and the lambda value goes to abnormal value. 

I am attaching the calibration and log which show the issue, the issue happens at the end of the log. 

Anyone has any ideas what could be causing this? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Calibration throttle error 1.pclrLog throttle error 1.llg

Are you running methanol ?

Your fuel presssure sensor is scaled to 160psi .. just making sure it is 160psi one.

Your TP and AP are all over the place without any rpm change. 

Your coolant temp drops very quickly after the engine shuts off.. I mean could be the thermostat opening.. but just odd.

ECU is cutting Ignition thinking you changing gears. 

I'd make sure you have your throttle wired correctly and that its actually moving.  (polarity ?)

Disable things like boost, gear detection.. anything not needed and see if anything helps. 

I'd go as far as unpluging it from ECU as you seem to have an error. 

Run a scope check to make sure you triggers are correct.

Check grounds as well. 

2020-03-29 21_42_34-PCLink Engine Management - C__Users_Remski_Desktop_Downloads_746134302_Calibrati.png

2020-03-29 21_37_25-PCLink Engine Management - C__Users_Remski_Desktop_Downloads_746134302_Calibrati.png

It is just your throttle PID too aggressive so it gets an unstable oscilation, this causes the TP/Target error accumulator to count up quickly so the ECU enables safety mode, shuts off the e-throttle relay and limits eng RPM to 1800.

I would drop the proportional to 6.5 and bump the derivative up to 35%.

0o7pPFQ.png

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

It is just your throttle PID too aggressive so it gets an unstable oscilation, this causes the TP/Target error accumulator to count up quickly so the ECU enables safety mode, shuts off the e-throttle relay and limits eng RPM to 1800.

I would drop the proportional to 6.5 and bump the derivative up to 35%.

0o7pPFQ.png

As always thank you very much for your help Adam, I will try your suggestion today.

Cheers,

Ernest

5 hours ago, remski2 said:

Are you running methanol ?

Your fuel presssure sensor is scaled to 160psi .. just making sure it is 160psi one.

Your TP and AP are all over the place without any rpm change. 

Your coolant temp drops very quickly after the engine shuts off.. I mean could be the thermostat opening.. but just odd.

ECU is cutting Ignition thinking you changing gears. 

I'd make sure you have your throttle wired correctly and that its actually moving.  (polarity ?)

Disable things like boost, gear detection.. anything not needed and see if anything helps. 

I'd go as far as unpluging it from ECU as you seem to have an error. 

Run a scope check to make sure you triggers are correct.

Check grounds as well. 

2020-03-29 21_42_34-PCLink Engine Management - C__Users_Remski_Desktop_Downloads_746134302_Calibrati.png

2020-03-29 21_37_25-PCLink Engine Management - C__Users_Remski_Desktop_Downloads_746134302_Calibrati.png

Thanks for your reply!  Fuel pressure sensor is scaled ok. The coolant temp issue, I have a very effective cooling system with an electric water pump which was still running  after the was engine shut down, on the dyno the fan keeps blowing thats why the temp drops quickly. Related to ign cut, I have a sequential gearbox with a load cell cutting ignition on upshifts, probably that is what you are referring to. The throttle is wired correctly and working normal. I will try Adams suggestion with PID settings hopefully that will be fix this issue. Thanks again for your reply, I appreciate it.

Regards,

Ernest