Nissan HR16DE VTC?

Rossobianconero

Hi,

A friend want to install a link ecu to a Nissan HR16DE engine (rallycar) converter to traditional throttle, I know the software has the trigger pattern, what about the VVT that engine has... is a on of switch? or is a VVT that we are gonna need a pattern aswell on the software cause I didn't found one. I don't have the car in the same region to look at it.

Regards,

The HR16 trigger mode is not designed to work with a variable cam, it will not be suitable.  

The late HR16 engine with VVT is a bit of an odd ball, the VVT is continuous (both intake and exhaust) but the intake cam can not only advance from home position but also retard.  It runs in an Atkinson cycle at idle an low loads.  It also has 2 special fuel injectors per cylinder, I have not seen any info on whether the injectors can be controlled with a conventional driver or if they require something special.

7 hours ago, Adamw said:

The HR16 trigger mode is not designed to work with a variable cam, it will not be suitable.  

The late HR16 engine with VVT is a bit of an odd ball, the VVT is continuous (both intake and exhaust) but the intake cam can not only advance from home position but also retard.  It runs in an Atkinson cycle at idle an low loads.  It also has 2 special fuel injectors per cylinder, I have not seen any info on whether the injectors can be controlled with a conventional driver or if they require something special.

Is this the engine fitted to a Nissan JUKE or Rouge? 

15 minutes ago, AbbeyMS said:

Is this the engine fitted to a Nissan JUKE or Rouge? 

I dont know sorry, I have only done some basic research into running one for someone else a couple of years ago.  I did have some factory technical info on it somewhere.