Dbw s15link

Vasilis

Hi,

there are some aftermarket DBW controllers on the market that have their own setting and calibration setups from their own software and control module.

You would need to purchase a DBW PEDAL assembly as well as an appropriate DBW throttle body assembly.

You would also need to purchase expansion loom kits for the PNP ECU to allow for extra AN VOLT INPUTS and OUTPUTS to interface with the DBW control module you choose.

You need to then see before purchasing and committing to this if you will have enough outputs and inputs to work in conjunction with the control module you choose.

Also find out if the unit has the capabilities of doing what you want it to do, if your wishing to get certain motor sports functions from it etc.

Pay special attention to the unit you purchase as far as what safety features does it have inbuilt for sensor failure and limp strategies etc.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Dave.

Hi Vasilis,

As far as i am aware the answer to your question is NO sorry.

It may be a possibility to actually do, however i would not like to guess as to how much such a one off custom modification would cost.

May i ask why you wish for DBW as opposed to the standard mechanical throttle.

Regards

Dave.

I actually prefer the mechanical setup but getting rid of the idle control valve is very tempting plus a cruise control function would be nice. My icv is at its last leg and don’t feel like replacing it. Mind you this is my daily and my drift car also

I have NS15+ pnp on my S15r, I have been using E-Throttle/DBW for a while now, with cruise control too.
Any setup questions feel free to ask
The ECU can do DBW but does not come with provisions do use it, seems silly but anyway...
On this forum, Link staff normally say if you send the ECU back to them, they can add it the couple wires needed to drive the throttle. Will maintain the lifetime warranty since they did it, not sure on the cost.

Alternatively you can use the Link E-Throttle Module, that's what I did.
https://www.linkecu.com/2018/06/07/link-ecu-e-throttle-module/

Edit: FAO Mods
Edited my profile to add location, the forum is forcing me to add ECU model twice

Thanks for the info immy. What throttle and pedal are you using? A friend of mine suggested bosch ones. I don’t really like adding extra modules and since an extreme wire-in can run e-throttle an extreme plug-in should also be able to

3 hours ago, Vasilis said:

Thanks for the info immy. What throttle and pedal are you using? A friend of mine suggested bosch ones. I don’t really like adding extra modules and since an extreme wire-in can run e-throttle an extreme plug-in should also be able to

TB: Bosch motorsports 60mm  0280 750 151
https://www.bosch-motorsport.com/content/downloads/Raceparts/Resources/pdf/Data Sheet_68749835_Electronic_Throttle_Body.pdf

Bolts onto stock inlet mani with M6 to M8 thread reducing insert, bore matches perfectly I used VW 1.8t gasket (1.8t TB also has same fitment)

Pedal: 350z throttle pedal. S15 pedal cut and welded  south of 350z mount and bend, this positions pedal same as stock.

Sensor adjusted for max readable travel

Stock throttle stop raised to reduce travel.